Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » 32nd Telluride Film Festival starts today

Author Topic: 32nd Telluride Film Festival starts today
Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 09-02-2005 03:25 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 32nd Telluride Film Festival starts today. Telluride Film Festival

Tributed guests include Mickey Rooney, the brothers Dardennes and Charlotte Rampling. A rarely seen Don DeLillo is this year's Guest Director. Many films will be projected reel to reel and a good time will be had by many. Unlike the last two years, no snow is expected!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 09-02-2005 04:29 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like fun. Wish I could be there. Someday. Someday...

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-10-2005 05:33 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jim Bedford
Many films will be projected reel to reel and a good time will be had by many.
I suppose fun will be had by those at the festical but at the expense of disrupting the locals and visiting tourists!! Yes, I have become to hate festicals of just about all types, especially film festicals.

Lordy, It seems like there is a film festical hapenning some place every second of the day.... Are ANY of them really special any more....... NOPE... well, ok... one is but its not held in this country.... They have become all too common place today like game shows on TV and seem to have lost the special aura they once used to have. In large cities festicals sometmes go completely un-noticed except by the few that may be running it or by those that have entered their films. I've noticed that locals of some towns they are held in(at least several of the ones I've been to) for the most part hate them and get very annoyed by them. Personally I'd rather be in a place like Telluride when there is no festical running... Telluride and places similar are much nicer places to be when operating as normal towns and not all goobered up by Hollywood... or other pointless festicals! Is it JUST Film Festicals that I dislike.... NO... There are towns that have so many festicals that they need to have a Festical of the Festicals just to sort all the Festicals out [Big Grin] [Eek!] [uhoh] [puke] ! Aspen is a good example of that and a town that has a Festical of some sort going every weekend and just about every time I go there. If you can hit a town like Telluride or Aspen when there is NO Festical they are very beautiful places (and areas) that one can really enjoy and appreciate.

Mark

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 09-10-2005 02:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
No entry found for festical. Did you mean testicle? [Razz]

Jim, I hope you had a great testicle ... er, festival ... this year!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-10-2005 07:04 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Close Adam but not quite.......

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 09-11-2005 07:08 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, you really need to see a doctor to close that spewing vitriolic wound. Or perhaps you've been to Park City once too often.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-11-2005 08:02 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hardly Jim,

I've just been to WAY TOO MANY towns holding WAY TOO MANY totally pointless Festivals!! Actually I've been to Aspen way too many times... they've got to be the Festival capitol of the workd...... And it used to be such a nice town.....

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-11-2005 11:08 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually its that "Festive" part of Festivals that Mark hates...He doesn't want anyone to be Festive.

He probably would hate the AFI/Silver then...it has a festival of some sort about every week and sometimes multiple festivals during the same week (This week will start the "DC Labor" Film Festival, next week will start the Latin American Film Festival). Then again, if it were not for the AFI/Silver, the people in the DC Metro area would not have nearly as large an exposure to the various types of films being made throughout the world and their signature festival..."Silverdocs" a documentary festival that seems to grow each year!

I can understand the dislike of over Festivalling though...it is kinda like the word "Sale" you see it so much that it loses its meaning.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: