Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » We got rid of our Burn out projectionist (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: We got rid of our Burn out projectionist
Tracy Bellar
Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2005 11:48 PM      Profile for Tracy Bellar   Author's Homepage   Email Tracy Bellar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday is the last Day I have to work with a guy thats been a problem for a while. This guy would smoke so much pot in the booth on his night to work that he would screw up prints and everything else he touched. Cheech and Chong would have a tough time keeping up with him. Finally I won't have to worry about what kind of mess I'm coming back to after a day or two off. However, This guy will be working for a new theater in my area. Portsmouth, Ohio. However, Now I'm dreading the possibility that I will pick up a second run print in the future that I know will be a piece of [bs] ! So if you pick one up from Portsmouth Ohio good luck. at least he's not my problem any more. Farwell [fu]
Has anyone had any experience with projectionists so stoned they ruin every movie they touch?

|  IP: Logged

Rick Long Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2005 12:02 AM      Profile for Rick Long Jr   Email Rick Long Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something stinks here. And I don't think its dope.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-01-2005 12:06 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's good that he'll finally be gone, but I have to ask:
 -
It's just one of those things, ya know, that should getcha fired right away.

Moving to Ground Level

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2005 02:28 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good question, Joe.
We never found the source of bud in the booth a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it was a now gone useless employee.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-01-2005 02:36 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Cummon Joe! Thars nuttin rong wit maryjane n da buth! ur sondin lik a antidoper. i 4 1 like it 4 medacal purpossess.
get a life!

Tracy Bellar
Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2005 03:59 PM      Profile for Tracy Bellar   Author's Homepage   Email Tracy Bellar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The owner didn't want to know about it. Didn't care as long as he worked for cheap. I don't care what he does on his own time but when you have a bad wrap every week and screw up every movie played to one degree or another it's a problem at work. When he is to stoned to tear down and build by himself it's a problem. He screws up the books when filling out concession and B.O. reports. I always had to fix the monthly because of him. He left weed and blunt wrapers and cigar filler everywhere. he spilled enough to make a small central american country happy.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-01-2005 06:27 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, did Thomas hack in to your account and post that?

Tracy, your owner is a complete moron and a bad businessman. Please print out this thread so he can see my comments. I hope they are able to remove the brain tumor from his ass. Please get another job at someplace moderately respectable.

Andy Muirhead
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2005 07:58 PM      Profile for Andy Muirhead   Email Andy Muirhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Tracy Bellar
he spilled enough to make a small central american country happy.

Hope you saved some for me, running a bit low!

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2005 08:09 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have not only fired his ass ... but prosecuted him as well ... what a complete fucking waste of skin.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 07-01-2005 10:57 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to agree with people above that what a person does on his own time is his own business... UNLESS it spills into work time. Then it's, "Game OVER!"

One thing you have to watch out for is by NOT firing somebody who obviously SHOULD BE fired, it makes it harder to get rid of the next Jerk-Off employee who deserves a trip to the Tuna Factory. (To get CANNED!) By not firing when you should you demonstrate tolerance for bad behavior and poor work ethic. The next person you try to fire might be able to make a case against you.

(i.e.: "You didn't fire Fred the pothead but, now, you want to fire ME!?")

If you know that somebody is doing something blatantly wrong at work you NEED to solve that problem as soon as possible just to cover your ass!

Dylan Marchetti
Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2005 09:08 PM      Profile for Dylan Marchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Dylan Marchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you can really prosecute someone for that- you can call the cops but they generally have to catch him in the act.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2005 11:28 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Tracy Bellar
He left weed and blunt wrapers and cigar filler everywhere. he spilled enough to make a small central american country happy.

That there is PROSECUTABLE. It's called possession.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-21-2005 01:01 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
But Mike, there's no proof it was him.

Best thing is to club him over the head and push him down the booth stairs. Then throw a couple of shipping containers down after him and stuff his pockets with the dope (and some needles if ya can). Then call 911 and say there's been a terrible accident.

They usually send the cops as well as the paramedics...tell them he was acting weird...like drunk...just before he stumbled down the stairs.

All will be taken care of when they find the dope while searching for his ID. [thumbsup] [beer]

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 07-21-2005 01:05 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, the above scenario is purely hypothetical. Phil and I would never ever participate is such a scheme! (again) [Razz]

Dylan Marchetti
Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2005 08:11 PM      Profile for Dylan Marchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Dylan Marchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Spaeth
That there is PROSECUTABLE. It's called possession.

You're right, but I'm not sure that YOU can prosecute him for it. I think the state would have to do that. For example- if someone steals from you, you can elect to press charges, and then drop them later if you feel like it. But if someone murders someone on your property, you can't press charges or drop them, it's up to the state. I think this falls into the latter category, at least in my state.

That said, you can (and should) totally fire his ass... if not for possession, definitely for stupidity.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: