Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Will Kutler, Mark Gulbrandsen, & Dykem Blue

Author Topic: Will Kutler, Mark Gulbrandsen, & Dykem Blue
William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2005 02:05 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So with gas prices going up, I decided to take the Weber carburetors & manifolds off my GT6 & put the original Strombergs & manifold back on. I get a new manifold gasket (just one is sold for 6 cyl Triumphs, except TR5), stick it on, & the holes in the gasket for the inlet ports on the cylinder head are significantly, symmetrically off. What th..?

I'm now curious as to whether the orignal manifold's ports match to the holes in the head, & whether the 3-part Weber manifolds were close but still off.

Is there a method using Dykem Blue or something to paint it on the head, stick the manifolds on, & check to see if things match up? Or stick a piece of paper across to make a template or whatever? Or do you guys have a better suggestion?

If I could stand inside the cylinder head & look out as someone held the manifold up it would be best, but I'm not that limber any more.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-10-2005 08:09 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A piece of soft cork thats thick ehough to compress suffuciently so you can see both sides would be fine. I'll be riding my Harley to work and back when ever I can and as soon as the surgery heals itself. I do have a work van but with gas as high as it it when there's shop work to be done I will ride the bike to conserve.

Mark

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-10-2005 01:20 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark's got a "HOG!" I love it! I gotta see this! Mark, you gotta get dressed up in your leathers and get a foto in here so we can all see you. What you need to do when riding the Harley, is to have Anne snap some fotos while she's driving so we can see you actually driving that thing for a good road shoot.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-10-2005 02:13 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
*Teaser subject header

*Content has nothing to do with Ground Level forum

THREAD CLOSED

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: