Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Oil Pump Identification

Author Topic: Oil Pump Identification
Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2005 09:06 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to identify this oil pump I am pretty sure it came from Cretors..

-

-

If you need more pictures let me know

|  IP: Logged

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2005 10:44 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looks like a 7700 predecessor

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-04-2005 01:26 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and a very old one at that! If you can find the serial number on that thing, the first two numbers is the year that this pump was manufactured.

I practically "live" in Cretor's poppers with fixing these damned things all the time...(lol).

-Monte

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2005 08:50 AM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the serial numbers are gone, there are two white stickers on top but the writing is long gone.

I figured it was old, the popper it came out of had to be made around 1850 or so [Big Grin]

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2005 11:30 AM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1850????? [Confused] [Confused]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-04-2005 02:11 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a model and serial number plate on the popper itself?

Could be, with the "vintage" of that pump, that the popper is an early 70's model-just been retrofitted with that quickrelease connection for oil delivery, for the original connection had the hose directly connected with a hoseclamp.

-Monte

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2005 07:49 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a WN16 S/N:763205 (the popper)

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-04-2005 07:58 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh a little counter top 16oz popper, which uses almost 5oz of oil, and was built in 1976. (Oil to seed ratio is 1/3oil to 1 of seed.) Those picts of the pump defintely fit this age of popper then.

Question, does the pump work? If not, one can easily convert up to the 7700 series pump to fit this popper.

-thx Monte

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2005 11:26 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its not a counter top popper, here are some pics
No the pump does not work, the moter and the timer runs but I beleive I need the black part where the pipes connect and the motor plugs into the top of it. There is a small white gear thing in there that spins with the motor, I believe that part is broken.

-

-

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-05-2005 12:31 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a pict of the 7700 series pump that sits on the 5 gal oil can.
 -

this pump will adapt easily to the Windsor.

Is there a square plug that comes down from above to that has slots for 4 blades with a center hole for a pin (ground) to enter in? This is the power/switch cable that the motor and delivery switches are connected to control the pump.

Check out this site www.concessionsupplies.com for details on this pump and price.

-thx Monte

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2005 10:19 AM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That domain is down, anyway all I really need is the part number to the part discribed above and Cretors is no help. If I can get the pump working that we have here that would be great, it is going to cost alot of money to get a new pump.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-05-2005 03:04 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then, you have to "condemn" what's working then. Start with the pump motor. Take off the motor wires from the connection block (if any), take a "cheater" cord-cord with a plug on one end and pigtail wires on the other-wirenut the wires from the motor to the cord and plug it in the wall to see if the motor spins. If that works, check the microswitch for operation. Is there power going down to the head of the pump when you press the oil delivery button, does the timer motor turn the delivery setting wheel? If not, either the timer motor is gone, connection problems to the pump from the top or switches up on the cabinet is gone as well. If it's switches, those can be picked up a Lowes, Home Depot, Radio Shack, or any electrical place and will be cheaper than Cretor's price.

Why you don't get any help from Cretors is that they've let the concession dealers handle supplies and parts.

Check this site out and give these people a call. This is a good place for parts and supplies for almost any Cretors units.

http://www.proctorco.com/

thx-Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: