Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Cinema World Still Around?

Author Topic: Cinema World Still Around?
Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-28-2005 11:22 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Cinema World had met it's demise when Carmike bought them out. I saw some recent pictures (or so I thought) in the picture warehouse of a newer looking Cinema World. Are they still hanging on to a few locations?

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2005 10:25 AM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that Carmike did not change the signage on some of the Cinema World theatres for unknown reasons. Can anybody else substantiate this?

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2005 12:34 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can verify that. The one I worked for was bought out in 1995-96 or so and they just changed the sign last year. Probably just financial reasons. The pictures in the picture warehouse though were under Cinema World and the design of the sign was much newer than that of the mid-90's Cinema World locations.

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2005 03:33 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinemaworld (I don't know if it's the same company) has two locations now: West Melbourne, FL (the one in the pic warehouse) and Fitchburg, Mass.

Their website is Cinemaworld.org

Other than that, I don't know the company history.

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2005 10:57 AM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinema World (The one with locations in West Melbourne, FL & and Fitchburg, Mass.) Is now building a new theatre in Lincoln, Rhode Island, which is right up the road from me.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: