Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Pacer PX-2

Author Topic: Pacer PX-2
Matt Manalis
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2005 10:08 PM      Profile for Matt Manalis   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Manalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in the process of buyin a Pacer PX-2 Ticketing System and was just wandering if anyone had used one and had a manual for these thanks

|  IP: Logged

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2005 10:46 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, you only need to post in 1 forum for it to be seen. This is for a ticket machine, so the ground level is a good spot for it.

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2005 11:15 PM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are looking at this :
LINK

The only thing I can say is it's a piece of crap. I used one at a different theater for about 2 years, and it was a constant source of problems. And their tech support at SOS is horrible and expensive.

If it's not that, then I have no idea.

Matt Manalis
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2005 11:41 PM      Profile for Matt Manalis   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Manalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry about the 2 posts!! i have a picture i will post up on here  -

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2005 12:50 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ok sorry, that picture brought back some horrible nightmares...I second Anslem on that, complete crap. We moved to Titan and so many problems just vanished...althought Titans own came along soon after.

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2005 02:04 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matt, buy a cheap PC, any pc will do, and get Ready Theatre Systems Software,RTS web site and you will be much, much happier.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 04-25-2005 07:09 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used the Pacer system way back in the day with Cinema West. When they work, they're great. Of all the Pacer equipment the PX series gave me the least amount of trouble. However, Anslem is right. Their support can get expensive, both in replacement costs and just phone support.

The good thing I liked about Pacer was that it was very rigid in how you had to use it, so it really required users to all think alike and it pretty much dictated how operations ran around it.

I'd agree with Brad Allen and get a PC with any of the commonly available software, whether its RTS, Sensible Cinema or Tim Harvey, it'll all be more forgiving in the long run, and replacement parts will be available at any electronics store instead of having to ship back and forth between Washington.

Matt Manalis
Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2005 09:57 PM      Profile for Matt Manalis   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Manalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i buy this item i am gettin a brand new spare printer and a brand new spare console its only costing me $100 AU is it worth it to buy it and then chuck it when it breaks????

Marc Hansen
Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2005 09:42 AM      Profile for Marc Hansen   Email Marc Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's sort of like buying a cheap airplane engine, what if it breaks saturday night?

Matt Manalis
Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2005 08:11 PM      Profile for Matt Manalis   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Manalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah your right but i will keep a roll of tickets there so if anything does stuff up i can just use the manual tickets....

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-28-2005 03:43 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...Crapaplex Odeon was BIG with these Pacer units as well. - Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: