Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Has anyone been to NATO seminars/conventions?

Author Topic: Has anyone been to NATO seminars/conventions?
R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2005 10:26 PM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was curious if anyone has been to any NATO gatherings or seminars and if you felt they were beneficial? I have received perioding mailings about them and thought the Minneapolis sight would be easy to get to, but I want to know it's worth it.

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 03-22-2005 02:08 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I go to both the fall/winter and spring/summer NATO product shows.

You basically sit in a (usually) nice auditorium for about 3 hrs, listen to boring speeches by the distributor reps about their upcoming product, and then watch several trailers (usually video projection). Occasionally they will show extended bonus footage of some of the blockbusters.

Then there is a bag lunch and it begins again for another 3 hrs, when it then is time to get your goodie bags and head home.

The NATO tech seminar is similar but one can listen to announcements that digital cinema and/or cyan tracks are coming 'within the next couple of years' only for so long. [Roll Eyes]

Still, the product seminars are nice to see some of the upcoming things well in advance of the public. [Smile]

-Aaron

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-22-2005 07:10 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Aaron Sisemore
You basically sit in a (usually) nice auditorium for about 3 hrs, listen to boring speeches by the distributor reps about their upcoming product, and then watch several trailers (usually video projection). Occasionally they will show extended bonus footage of some of the blockbusters.
So that's what international political leaders get up to when they go to these summits... [Roll Eyes]

Sorry; couldn't resist.

Andy Bergstrom
Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 11:17 AM      Profile for Andy Bergstrom   Email Andy Bergstrom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Diercks,
The Minneapolis NATO meeting is well worth attending. It has been getting bigger and better every year. Just going and spending time visiting with people in your field is worth it. The regional NATO convention that alternates between Lake Geneva and Montana is also great to attend. Hopefully, we'll see you at the Minneapolis convention.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 11:29 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I attend 3 NATO events per year ... ShoWest, ShowEast, and ShowSouth. Each have their good points.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: