Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » What is the Film Co's current stance on re-admits?

Author Topic: What is the Film Co's current stance on re-admits?
Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 04:33 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Subject says it.

How does your theatre handle re-admits?
My definition of a re-admit.
Someone who goes outside to smoke during the movie.
Kids/adults that go outside after film is over, then come back in to use the bathroom or stay warm until their ride comes, etc.

|  IP: Logged

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 04:58 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They hold their stub and the doorperson should be adept enough to remember them...

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 07:24 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure that I agree with the "adept enough to remember them" as the door employee often see a thousand people + and only for a brief second as they enter the theatre. I can't stand when a customer gets annoyed that I don't remember their face after several hours. Its not like we sat down to dinner or anything!

Thomas Dieter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 10:55 PM      Profile for Thomas Dieter   Email Thomas Dieter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the theatres that I have worked for, or if I was doing tickets were a little lax about re-admits. If the customer has paid for the presentation, lets say Titanic, and goes outside to smoke a Cigarette, just make sure that you have your ticket cause we do ask you to retain your stub, and you can come back in. If the person was waiting for a ride, if they went outside the door and came back in, they were not to go past the ticket booth. If the person needed to use the bathroom, their partner was to say near the ticket booth, or if they were alone, they were to give something for collateral, a watch, DL, something so that if to much time past, we could go looking for them. Other than that, it was a come and go as you please for the time you have paid to stay with us aslong as you have your stub.

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2005 11:26 AM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my company, a re-admit refers to an emergency ticket.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2005 01:46 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my experance, usually the customer who goes out for a smoke is smart enough to let someone know (usually an usher) that they are coming right back. It is fairly common for customers to wait in the front of the lobby for their rides as that area is pretty far away from the auditoriums.

Robert Burtcher
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2005 04:41 AM      Profile for Robert Burtcher   Email Robert Burtcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I'm working the ticket drop, unless by some chance I remember the person, I do not let anyone back in without a ticket stub. My managers occasionally override me, allowing a customer or two in, usually because they just saw them purchase the ticket out in Box.

And yes, I actually stop people and look at their ticket. A patron who simply holds his ticket up with his thumb over the important information and walks briskly through gets stopped and has to wait longer than they would have otherwise. [evil]

Ramin Hashemi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2005 10:00 PM      Profile for Ramin Hashemi   Email Ramin Hashemi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we alow both cases. If kids are not behaving, then they can not stay in the parking lot even.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: