Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » What's the best countertop butter (topping) dispenser?

Author Topic: What's the best countertop butter (topping) dispenser?
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-05-2005 11:35 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're in the market for a new butter dispenser. What's the best kind?

I'm looking for an automatic type (not a hand pump). And would prefer something on which the butter comes out in a spray pattern as opposed to a single stream. Suggestions?

|  IP: Logged

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2005 02:57 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about the spray pattern but Proctor makes a pretty good one. You might check them out, sorry but I don't have the link handy.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 02-06-2005 03:12 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen an automatic dispenser that sprays. We had a manual one at the UA I worked for, it was the greatest thing when we had tubs. Once we switched to bags it sprayed all down the side of the bag.

But the Cretor's machine he's talking about is probably this one
$1000 Machine but it was great to use.

$775 machine.

Happy hunting.

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2005 03:55 AM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don’t know if this qualifies as a “counter top” because it’s in the counter but,
 -
This butter set-up is from where I used to work. I liked that it was extremely clean & easy to use. Plus you could use butter in a BIB instead of pouring it into a heated pan. (I don’t remember the company or any other details. Can anyone name it?)

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2005 04:08 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if it comes in a bib it's probably not butter.

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2005 04:21 AM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do people still use real butter? [Smile]

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2005 05:19 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes.

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2005 12:38 PM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We still have our old nacho cheese dispensers from back in the day when we had to mix up the cheese and jalapeno juice ourselves instead of getting the cheese already mixed up in a bag. When one of our butter machines went down about a year ago, we pulled out the old cheese dispenser from storage and used it for buttery topping. It worked surprisingly well. Just make sure you put water under the bowl or you'll scorch the butter.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-10-2005 12:52 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just curious WHY there doesn't seem to be an automatic machine that sprays the topping in a pattern. One thick stream just invites "over-topping" in one or two areas of the popcorn. A cleaning/clogging issue maybe?

That's what I want though...an automatic machine, that sits on the countertop, and sprays in a pattern. The search goes on.

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2005 02:47 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had any problems with any of Goldmedals products.
They make an auotmatic of sorts.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-21-2005 12:53 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Nate Lehrke
(I don’t remember the company or any other details. Can anyone name it?)

It's a Cretor's unit

https://www.proctorco.com

Here's a pict from their catalog:

-

It's the CRT9105A BIB dispenser. A highly recommended unit for cinemas who want automatic dispensing. I've worked on these units before-had to replace the pumps in these units when I was at Edwards Cinemas, who used these Cretors.

Also, if looking into one of these dispensers, one should also check into the Cretors (I believe this is the model number, but don't quote me..) the 910 warming bin for the BIB butter boxes. This bin keeps the boxes warm since the topping will be solidified during storage and shipment (if using Odell's the Butterfat variety).

-Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: