Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Theatre Listing on Fandango, etc.

Author Topic: Theatre Listing on Fandango, etc.
Patrick Matthews
Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2005 02:43 PM      Profile for Patrick Matthews   Email Patrick Matthews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The owner of our theater (a small one screen "art house" theatre) has recently asked me to find out about getting our theatre listed on Fandango, Moviefone.com, Yahoo! Movies, etc. My question to you all is, does anyone know how to do this? I poked around some of their sites but couldn't find away to get any information. Does it cost money? If so, how much? Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2005 02:54 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Send your weekly showtime information to several sources. I email mine to times@nowshowing.com and showtimes@cinema-source.com. Also, you might look into online ticketing ... Movietickets.com is really easy to work with ... if you would like their contact information, feel free to contact me.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2005 03:41 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patrick,

Are you at Liberty Hall?

We send our times to Cinema Source as well as Tribune Media Service.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2005 08:31 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim - can you send me the contact information for Tribune Media Services? They still fax us blank ad proofs 3-4 times per day for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, which we have not been in since January 2003.

Patrick Matthews
Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2005 01:25 AM      Profile for Patrick Matthews   Email Patrick Matthews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I live in Lawrence but actually work at Screenland in Kansas City.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2005 05:49 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screenland? Is that new? I am from the KC area. I spent 3 and a half years at the Cinemark in Merriam, as well as a brief time running the NorthGlen 14.

Mike - All I have for Tribune is a fax # - 800-901-8854

Patrick Matthews
Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2005 08:31 AM      Profile for Patrick Matthews   Email Patrick Matthews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Screenland has just recently opened in July and is in the Crossroads District in Downtown.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2005 02:48 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you guys go into an old theatre, or did you retrofit a space?

Patrick Matthews
Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2005 03:01 PM      Profile for Patrick Matthews   Email Patrick Matthews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are actually in the building that used to be the Midwest Fish Company and the theatre itself is in the area that used to be a garage. The rest of the building (save the concession area) is used for office space. The owner of the theatre actually owns the old Commonwelth Screening room right down the street as well.

Jan Kisluk
Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2005 03:17 PM      Profile for Jan Kisluk   Email Jan Kisluk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
times@nowshowing.com is Tribune Media Services.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: