Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Management training manuals

Author Topic: Management training manuals
R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2004 12:49 PM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am wondering if you have management training materials and/or a specific time table and method for a training process. I would like to develop something of the sort for our company. I feel we have too many people being trained by the seat of their pants and in very different methods. We tend to find good assistants that want to move up but we could have 10 candidates trained by 10 different GM's and those GM's were trained by 10 people before them. While everyone develops their own style and with experience can alter some methods, when starting out we should be uniform. What are your thoughts and what methods do your companies use?

|  IP: Logged

David Yauch
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2004 12:11 AM      Profile for David Yauch   Email David Yauch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do have management training manuals but they are usually given as an afterthought. There are some things(like cash handling) that are uniform by corporate mandate. Other things(like how you handle communication with your employees) are impossible to standardize.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: