Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Salary/bonus plan

Author Topic: Salary/bonus plan
R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2004 02:14 PM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did a search on this topic and it became obvious that nobody talks about their salary. My main question is how many of you have a bonus plan and how that is structured.

I was recently offered a position managing a bowling center and it baffled me that they could afford to pay what they offered with about half the gross sales of my theatre. In addition they pay a full time mechanic, an assistant manager, and pay the owners directly from that center. They also offered a bonus plan which I currently don't have and agreed to pay 100% of my families insurance.

I do love the theatre business and it would be very tough to leave but it is very tempting. I just wonder how well others are paid in a 9 screen theatre. I have been with the company for 10 years and this is my fourth location. I did not apply for the bowling center position, I was approached.

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2004 03:15 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because half of the box office receipts go to the film company, movie theatres are notoriously tight fisted when it comes to paying employees.

I would go dance with the bowling alley, the theatre industry will always be here and will welcome you back if you decide to come back. Broadening your work experience will only make you a more desirable candidate next time you are looking for work.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2004 03:52 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2% of net concession sales less shortages in excess of 0.5%

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2004 04:08 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3% of discount ticket sales, 10% of game/vending maching income, up to 25% of Christmas Ad sales, and a yearly lump some bonus based on theatre performance. The lump sum bonus is pretty hard to get as you need to improve things like attendance every year to get it consistantly.

Personally, Mike's sound better, depending on base salary of course.

R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2004 07:21 PM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you referring to net concession sales as in simply before sales taxes or after the vendors are paid? Sounds to me like a sweet deal either way. Is this paid anually or quarterly?

Last year I generated the highest discount ticket sales in the company with a ppl of only 7500. Even that would be a nice bonus compared with nothing.

Tony Hall
Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2004 02:17 AM      Profile for Tony Hall   Email Tony Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my last company the GM got 3% commission sales monthly After tax and shortages. With a base salary starting at 25k/year and going up to 35k+/year for long term quality GMs

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2004 03:16 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Net = Gross-Tax, not after vendors are paid.

Plus, 5% of Supersaver Sales, and 10% of Dark Time Rentals

Barry Martin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2004 11:15 AM      Profile for Barry Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Small town twin, 10% of all profits at end of next year and the year after. 15% for the 2 years after that, 20% for fifth year and every year after until I buy the theater from the current owners. [Wink] Got a flat bonus this year as we didn't have any profits because of all the money they've had to sink into the building after buying in April.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: