Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » The Incredibles... where are the Pixar easter eggs??

Author Topic: The Incredibles... where are the Pixar easter eggs??
Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-06-2004 11:39 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone notice any elements from past Pixar films in The Incredibles? I've only watched it twice, and haven't noticed any.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-06-2004 11:53 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've also had a lot of people staying into the credits looking for "extra stuff" and disappointed when there isn't anything.

I have a theory they will release a new Reel 6 with either a different ending or something similar to jumpstart the movie after the first of December.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-07-2004 07:35 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that too... but I'm talking about the Woody dolls, or the Pizza Planet truck, or something like that.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-08-2004 12:55 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the last couple Pixar films have had "easter eggs" for future Pixar movies. I remember seeing a toy Nemo fish on Boo's bed in "Monster's Inc." I'll have to check my "Finding Nemo" DVD for any Incredibles evidience. I want to see "The Incredibles" again, but I'll probably forget to look for any "Cars" references there.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 11-13-2004 12:29 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuff I noticed on my own:

--Mr Incredible, while trying to remember Incrediboy's real name, calls him Brodie, which was Jason Lee's charicter in Mallrats.

-- Frank and Olie make a short appearence as the "old school" men. Could that be more of a comentary about the state of animation?

-- on the Island Mr Incredible is supposed to de-wing in room A-113. This is a classroom at cal-arts where Brad Bird and John Lasseter went to school together.

Stuff I didn't notice untill I read about it:

-The school principles name is John Walker, one of the producers.

-The Numbers Hellen radios in to the island tower are IG99 as in Iron Giant, 1999. (I can't believe I didn't notice that!)

-The map on Mr Incredibles In-Car tracker is an accurate map of Emeryville.

[ 12-08-2004, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Mike Olpin ]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-15-2004 09:07 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, while at work, Bob's boss yells at him, "You authorized payment on the Walker policy??", another reference to producer John Walker.

Alexander Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2004 03:55 PM      Profile for Alexander Smith   Email Alexander Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Mr. Incredible's study there is a "rock 'em, sock 'em"
set on one of the lower shelves with small trophies and e.t.c.

The "rock 'em, sock 'em" robots were seen in Toy Story 2.

Alex.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-30-2004 06:57 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike Olpin's new tag is spooky. He really DOES look like Incrediboy! [scream]

Alan Dallas
Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2004 06:39 PM      Profile for Alan Dallas   Email Alan Dallas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm I've cought most of the Easter Eggs mentioned here.

However the funniest thing so far wasn't really in the movie for me. I wandered into one of the auditoriums we're showing Incredibles only to over hear an Usher answer a couple customers standing there watching the credits roll through
"Nope, sorry to burst your bubble but there are no cookies at the end of this one." [Smile]

Customer had appearently asked "Are there cookies like the credits of Finding Nemo?"

I can relate to the Ushers kinda. If they can get in and get it cleaned before the credits end or just as they end the better off they are. Means they can get that line in the lobby in there sooner(opening weekends that is).

Mike Baer
Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2004 09:19 AM      Profile for Mike Baer   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Baer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think i have found an "easter egg " for a future Pixar Film.
On the Vulcano Island,when Dash is running he gets a few mosquitos in his face and mouth.This happens also in the "Car" Teaser at the beginning,when the red car gets a few bees on his windshield.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: