Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » AMC joins NATO

Author Topic: AMC joins NATO
John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 11-03-2004 08:33 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This afternoon AMC issued a press release announcing that they've joined NATO:

quote: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:54:45 -0500

Exhibition Giant AMC Entertainment Joins National Association of Theatre Owners

NATO Now Represents all Major North America Theatre Exhibition Companies

ational Association of Theatre Owners (NATO), the largest exhibition trade organization in the world, announced that AMC will become a member effective immediately. AMC is one of the world's largest theatre chains.

"The AMC team brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table. They are a well-run company with a nationally established brand, and we respect them as a true industry pioneer," said Steve Marcus, NATO Chairman of the Board. "We welcome their leadership as we navigate the many opportunities and challenges facing exhibition."

AMC Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Peter C. Brown said the time is right to formalize a relationship with NATO.

"We've been very impressed with the leadership provided by President John Fithian and Chairman Steve Marcus and we believe the future has never been more exciting for our industry," Brown said. "AMC is looking forward to actively working with fellow exhibitors to advance issues common to the industry."

With the addition of AMC, NATO will represent more than 29,000 movie screens in North America.

"AMC's joining with NATO represents an enormous milestone for this association, which now counts among its membership every major North American motion picture exhibitor and hundreds of smaller independent companies as well," said NATO President John Fithian. "With AMC's active participation in NATO, the exhibition industry has never stood more united."

AMC Entertainment Inc. is a leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. Through its circuit of AMC Theatres, the Company operates 230 theatres with 3,548 screens in the United States, Canada, France, Hong Kong, Japan, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom. Its Common Stock trades on the American Stock Exchange under the symbol AEN. The Company, headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., has a website at www.amctheatres.com.

The National Association of Theatre Owners is the largest exhibition trade organization in the world, representing movie theatres in all 50 states and in more than 40 countries. NATO is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with a second office in North Hollywood, California. The association has a website at www.natoonline.org.

I suppose it's unlikely that this will have a material effect on the industry...

--jhawk

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-03-2004 10:15 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
AMC has been in and out of NATO so many times, I'll hold my breath until they quit again. Any time AMC doesn't like some decision or position NATO makes/takes, out they go again.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 11-03-2004 11:28 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What sorts of things have they quit over?

David Yauch
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2004 02:55 AM      Profile for David Yauch   Email David Yauch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe AMC can contribute some new NATO training videos before they quit again. Those things are HORRIBLE...

Chase Hanson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2004 04:07 PM      Profile for Chase Hanson   Email Chase Hanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Soooo...exactly what sort of tom-foolery does this entail?

/n00b

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2004 03:58 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: David Yauch
Maybe AMC can contribute some new NATO training videos before they quit again. Those things are HORRIBLE...
I don't know, I love the Roger Lodge ones.....it's like watching Blind Date

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: