Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Pepsi Machine Leaks

Author Topic: Pepsi Machine Leaks
Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2004 10:23 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Pepsi machine is leaking Mounten Dew Surup, it drips when not in use and it also is leaking from the sides........I would like to fix it w/o calling Pepsi.

|  IP: Logged

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2004 11:10 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
um....I can't really help you, but maybe explain in more detail exactly what is wrong. What type of "Pepsi Machine" do you have and whatnot. In my opinion I would just call Pepsi....or change over to Coke [thumbsup]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-13-2004 11:17 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The valves in Coke machines leak over time too if they get clogged with syrup.

Wayne Keyser
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2004 11:28 PM      Profile for Wayne Keyser   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Keyser       Edit/Delete Post 
Chances are that this isn't all that's gone "off" over time - call Pepsi for this fix and a thorough tuneup.

Besides, it's likely to be their property - they may well be upset if you (their words, perhaps) "tamper" with it.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2004 05:40 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I concur, it is their problem. With us a call to the service phone will get a tech in ASAP.

Alex Rolfe
Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2004 06:16 PM      Profile for Alex Rolfe   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Rolfe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some people get a limited number of free service service calls, so fixing simple things yourself can be a good idea.

Our coke machine leaks from the places where the syrup hoses join to other pieces of hose or, more commonly, from the joints between the plastic hoses and the metal tubes in the cooling part. You can get your own hose clamps from a hardware store and fix this yourself pretty easily. Just remember to turn the gas off or disconnect the pump before taking hoses apart or you'll end up with syrup all over the floor.

And no, the coke serviceman didn't seem to mind the one time we disassembled a broken pump from our machine. [Big Grin]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 09-14-2004 06:20 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only do you have to shut off the CO2 supply you need to bleed off the pressure by either loosening the right hose or dispensing a bucket of soda water.

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2004 09:35 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I will call the Pepsi Guy tomarrow if it has not been done........I did not know if there was a simple solution. Thanks though.. [thumbsup]

Greg Davis
Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2004 04:37 PM      Profile for Greg Davis   Email Greg Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our pepsi rack in the back leaks like a faucet, and the reason for this is because the valves that connect to the BiB's (bag in box - hahaha) are flimsy plastic and get corroded from the carbonation in the soda. The only sure fire way that we have worked on this is the closing concessionist wash those valves out with warm water, otherwise they can strip like mad.

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2004 05:23 PM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but there's no carbonation in the bibs--that only gets added when it's dispensed. maybe something is living in there.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 09-15-2004 07:10 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Corroding plastic, eh? Haven't heard that in a long time.

Greg Davis
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2004 12:22 AM      Profile for Greg Davis   Email Greg Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must be the sugar or something, because when they get coated they strip off easily. The "pepsi-guy" had to come to fix ours a couple of times, that was usually the case. However when I worked in a bar n grill, they leaked because the pipes were old. one of many things. maybe my pepsi guy has work cut out for him.

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2004 11:14 AM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of our coke towers has a short in it. It's got something to do with the neons in the lobby. When you cut the neon on, the coke unit starts smoking. We've had to keep the tower cut off all the time for the past few weeks, but we're going to have to get it fixed in time for "Shark Tale." I'm definitely going to have to call Coke about it.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-17-2004 09:37 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brandon:

This could also be a sign (no pun intended) of a more serious safety issue, because odds are that the high voltage from the lobby neons is trying to go to ground thuough your Coke fountain. I'd suggest you also have your electrician or local sign shop investigate before someone gets zapped big time! [Eek!]

Neons can operate at up to 15,000 volts and about 40milliamps, more than enough to ruin your day!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: