Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Video Game contract

Author Topic: Video Game contract
Gary Davidson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2004 09:22 AM      Profile for Gary Davidson   Email Gary Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Within a theater chain, are Video Game contracts signed by the individual theaters, or is it typically a blanket contract done at corporate level?

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2004 11:20 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Corporate has to sign a contract unless they have given the individual theater permission to do so. Generally, though, in order to be a legal contract the corporate office must sign and approve the contract.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 08-22-2004 01:07 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Post all discussion of video games and theater arcades in this thread. The next new video game thread will result in a personal inspection of the culprit's theater by the moderation team. Have plenty of lube on hand.

Bill Langfield
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2004 04:04 PM      Profile for Bill Langfield   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Langfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, when you lock a thread is it possible for you to NAME the thread to go to rather than just a, 'Enough with the video game threads. "Discuss it here."'?
(Reason being, is that I was going around in circles, you were proberly too. Just a suggestion)

---------------------

Bobby, yup I too love the 80's games that were set up as 'cocktail' tables. They got rid of them about 10 years ago, but while they were there, sometimes on a slow night, we'd play them for about a half hour after the last show went in. (Had the keys, to fix coin jams etc, so could play for free)

I think that should be brought back with the MAME thing. It totally amazes me that there is still a copyright on those games.
(I love MAME, as do my 3 nephews, I had about 2000 roms at one stage, just recently thought about getting more. Got the latest Mame32FX just the other day, still trying to configure it and update the rom packs I have)

The dining tables in the foyer have built screens advertising/trailer/stuff, imagine if the tables could also be set up to play all those old classics, even if not many people played, I think it would be cool.

Stuff like Gallixian, Pacman, Donkeykong would get couples playing over a cup of coffee for the hell of it, while waiting to for thier movie to start, and it would not drag in the scum wanting to play those fighting/racing games

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2004 04:19 PM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regal has not discontinued video games at my theatre, but they may as well. The damn things never work like they should. There is at least 1 game down at all times. They're constantly eating people's money. The company that services the games is pretty much worthless. Broken games are down for weeks, sometimes months before someone comes out to look at them, and more often than not all they do is collect the money and not fix the games at all.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2004 05:39 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brandon:

Has your theater manager contacted the game operator to inform him of the broken machines?

If the game operator is not repairing the games in a timely manor then your theater manager needs to let the higher ups know the game operator is not living up to the terms of the contract.

When I worked for Capitol Amusement, the company policy was that no game should be left out of order more than two days. If a game could not be repaired on location, generally the game would be replaced the same day with a working game. We had service 7 days a week (including holidays) until 10pm.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 08-24-2004 08:32 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bill Langfield
when you lock a thread is it possible for you to NAME the thread to go to rather than just a, 'Enough with the video game threads. "Discuss it here."'?
No. I gave a link directly to the thread (this one, right here, titled "Video Game contract") where the discussion was to take place. It doesn't get much easier than that.

Bill Langfield
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2004 02:20 PM      Profile for Bill Langfield   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Langfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, I must be missing something, or pehaps I have no idea, perhaps the latter.

But you just did EXACTLY what I requested, in your above post, that is to NAME the link 'Video Game contract'

All the others simply say 'Discuss it here'

------

Just to stay on topic, No cinema I know in Austalia has 'arcade' machines any more, as there is always a 'Timezone' very close by.

Im glad we dont have them. However as I mentioned b4, I'd love the cocktail tables with the classics for people to play while having a coffee and waiting for thier session.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: