Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Projectionist Salary?? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11 

Author Topic: Projectionist Salary??
Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 05:41 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious. The company that I work for is going to open a 14-plex pretty soon and they asked me if I wanted to be the "Head Projectionist" or the "Second Head Projectionst." They told me the salary and I was apalled! Those of you that work in a similar sized theater, please, if you don't mind, how much do you make in a year??

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-22-2004 06:42 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
So let me get this straight, you want others to post how much they are making, yet you won't post how much they offered you?

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-22-2004 06:43 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About 2.

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 06:45 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and a half

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 06:55 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They offered me $22,000 a year.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 07-22-2004 07:13 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$11 USD an hour ($22,000 / year)... lots of people do it for less.

Andy Aggieri
Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 07:30 PM      Profile for Andy Aggieri   Email Andy Aggieri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get this, i think the GM is the only person in the building i work at that makes more than, or close to 22k

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 07-22-2004 09:03 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl's $11/hr figure is based on working only about 38.5 hrs a week. How many hours do they really work?

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 09:14 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I currently manage a 3-plex and I'm putting in about 55-58 hrs. a week. I have been told that a booth manager at a 14-plex should be expected to work about 55-60 a week.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 07-22-2004 09:26 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know you're not in this business to make money are you??

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 07-22-2004 10:16 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually 40 hours a week with 2 weeks off, like most any salaried employee up here.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 10:31 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That seems about right. I'm not sure what the cost of living in Nebraska is but it probably isn't all that high compared to some parts of the country. 22k a year is about the best you can expect.

Daniel Alt
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 10:45 PM      Profile for Daniel Alt   Email Daniel Alt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this isn't relevant to people who do it for a living, but the projectionists for the college film society where I project get paid by the hour for 16mm (since it's so little work), and by the number of shows for 35mm. When we still did 70, they got paid by the number of shows for that too, but it was MORE per show, what with all the heavy lifting and all. We only show movies two nights a week, and only while school's in session.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-22-2004 11:15 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just my opinion, but if they want to pay you that AND expect for you to put in 60 hours a week, tell them where they can shove it. It wouldn't be out of line if you were really only going to work 40-45 hours a week though.

Robert L. Fischer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2004 12:28 AM      Profile for Robert L. Fischer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Assistant manager: $6.75 an hour. Now THAT'S appalling.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: