Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Cafe Gregory / Cafe Del Moro

Author Topic: Cafe Gregory / Cafe Del Moro
Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2004 06:48 PM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone work in a Regal that had a Cafe Gregory or Cafe Del Moro? What did you do with yours when they shut them down? Any chance anyone might still be using theirs for food service? We attempted to turn the Cafe Gregory at my theatre into what we refer to as a "Customer Service Desk" but it has in actuality become another storage area. Just Curious.

|  IP: Logged

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 02:55 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know that the 'Cafe Gregory' was named after Greg Dunn, one of Regal's VPs. Also, 'Cafe Delmoro' was named after Rob Delmoro, a Regal VP in charge of concessions at the time of their inception.

It figures they would be shutting them down....

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 03:15 PM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My cafe is intergrated part of the concession stand...and it is still operational.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2004 11:57 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Regal is doing away with the cafe concept? Hmmm. Strange. The theater I started at (The Flagship Regal Royal Palm 18 -- NOW FEATURED in the 2WENTY spot with TOMMY LEE JONES!!!) has a Cafe Del Moro (or as we'd call it, Del Moron) but it's situated quite a ways away from the main stand. Wonder what they'll do with that area. Maybe an EXPRESS concession stand? One size popcorn, one size drink, no frills? (no hotdogs, candy, etc)

=TMP=

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2004 05:46 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing Regal is doing away with is the bulk candy, and perhaps a couple of the other specialty items that weren't selling well. (I think pretzel bites are gone.) The cafe at Royal Palm still exists, and is still serving espresso, lates, coffee, etc.... The only items that are the same between the cafe concession stand are fountain drinks. Other than that, the cafe has a completely different lineup of products.

Rich Granata
Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2004 01:39 PM      Profile for Rich Granata   Email Rich Granata   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A designated customer service place is great to have. If it doesn't require too much modification, why not?

....OR...some more ARCADE space...i hear children love 'em.

side note: wasn't tommy lee jones in front of a 14?

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2004 02:55 PM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The pretzel bites and bulk candy are gone now. I loved the pretzel bites and they sold very well at my theatre, so I think they should have let some theatres keep them. The Italian sodas, Klondike Bites, and Frozen Breyer's are also gone. Ice cream at Regal now comes from a vending machine adjacent to the video games. The flavored coffees are gone now as well. Your choices are regular and decaf, which are now sold at the main concession stand. The cappucinos, lattes, etc. are still around. The only Regals that are allowed to sell bottled Minute Maids are ones that have or had a cafe. The only Regal I know of that still uses their cafe is a 2 screen art house that sells Cappucinos, Lattes, and Biscotti at their concession. They were going to turn the Cafe at my theatre into an "express" concession, but we already have 2 full concession stands so we successfully fought off that idea. The cafe is now a "customer service desk" a.k.a. storage room for standees waiting to be assembled.

On a related topic, who works at a theatre that has a second or "sattelite" concession stand in addition to the main stand? Do you still use it? How often? My theatre has a full-size second concession stand in the back part of the building that we open on the weekends. How well are most auxilary stands maintained compared to the main stand?

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 06-13-2004 03:29 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Tommy Lee Jonnes is in front of an 18. - And the address is clearly visable on the window behind him. Also, the part of the add that shows the family picking up thier "special combo pak" appears to have been shot at the cafe of that theatre.

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2004 01:06 AM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do any other Regal people actually sell the combo packs shown in the 2wenty spot?

Our Will Rogers combo includes 2 medium drinks, 1 tub of popcorn and a free Skittles, Sour Skittles or Starburst for $13.50. Do yall sell this combo, or the one in the 2wenty that looks like a Kid's Pack?

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2004 01:27 AM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We sell the combo with the tub of popcorn, 2 medium drinks, and the Skittles, Sour Skittles, and Starburst. We call it the Summer Combo. The marketing materials show the 130 ounce bag instead of the tub, which confuses customers and makes them complain.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: