Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Does bottled water sell? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Does bottled water sell?
Katie Smith
Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2004 08:07 PM      Profile for Katie Smith   Email Katie Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My theater will soon be selling bottled water, the first of anything bottled. The price will be more than a small drink and I assume it will be a 20 oz bottle.
I am just wondering how well bottled water sells for any of you? and how do your prices on the water compare to a cup of pop?

|  IP: Logged

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2004 08:27 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....HUH......!?

fjn
Local 294 Ret.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 06-02-2004 08:58 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sells more than the other bottled stuff at my theater. More than Nestea, Minute Maid Lemonaid, and Minute Maid Fruit Punch. We also sale larger bottles of water, I think its a 32oz. The 20oz cost more than our small cup drinks. The 32oz. bottled water cost the same price as our large cup drink.

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 06-02-2004 09:00 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We sell bottled water by the ton in our 5 plex, typically going through a couple of cases a day and sometimes during a really busy rush. Ya gotta love bottled water. It's not sticky when people spill it. It doesn't need carbonation. And you don't have to stock cups for it. I'd say stock up!

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2004 09:33 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
440 ml water = $1.60
420 ml coke = $1.40

sells well to mostly women

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2004 11:25 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
....HUH......!?
What don't you understand?

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2004 12:58 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We sell Dasani (the Coca Cola brand of Bottled water), and we get either $1.25 or $1.50 for a 20oz. bottle. Huge profit item.

The warmer the weather gets, the faster it sells... but then, I'm running an outdoor (Drive-In) theatre too.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2004 01:32 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be careful; bottled water is drug paraphernalia, & selling it will get you shut down under the federal crack house law:

"Jordan claimed that the fact that bottled water sold at the Palace's concession stand was "overpriced" was proof that it was in fact drug paraphernalia."

http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel043001.shtml

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-03-2004 01:37 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for Dasani, you'd have trouble giving it away here.

There was a massive shemozzle when it emerged that the stuff is processed bogstandard tap water, and not natural mineral water (for example, this story). Things then went from bad to worse following a health scare, and eventually Dasani was withdrawn from sale.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 06-03-2004 02:28 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We get the 24 oz "Arrowhead" brand bottles from our local Costco, and store it in a (former) bottled juice cooler, which keeps it at around 36 degrees or so. We get $1.50/bottle for it... just about the next best thing to popcorn... blows me away how well this stuff sells.

R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2004 08:41 AM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We sold 7+ cases of bottled water this weekend at my 9 plex. Ours is Aquafina 20oz. and sells for $1.75, our small soda sells for $2.50.

Ignore the signature, I was transferred to a new theatre and my profile has yet to be updated.

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2004 08:43 AM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dasani sells great at Lakeville cause people are too posh for the drinking fountain [Smile] which tastes pretty damn good to me, I've found that the Dasani actually gets a stale taste more quickly once it's been opened.

20 oz: $2.50
1 litre: $3.00

Yes, people do pay that much for it.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 06-03-2004 10:32 AM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up here at the Nugget Theatre in Telluride at the top of the water chain where we have some of the best tap water in the world, we charge $2 for a 20 oz. bottle of Arrowhead water (that we buy for about $.15 each). Mind you, even tho we have free water in a cooler and our water service from the town provides more than 2000 gallons for $2, many people continue to buy water without a blink for as much as they pay for a gallon of gas. Go figure....

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 06-03-2004 10:35 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$1.75 for a 20. oz bottle water here. Sells like crazy. But stupid Pepsi keeps sending the wrong kind. [Mad]

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 06-03-2004 10:36 AM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up here at the Nugget Theatre in Telluride at the top of the water chain where we have some of the best tap water in the world, we charge $2 for a 20 oz. bottle of Arrowhead water (that we buy for about $.15 each). Mind you, even tho we have free water in a cooler and our water service from the town provides more than 2000 gallons for $2, many people continue to buy water without a blink for as much as they pay for a gallon of gas. Go figure....

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: