Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Anyone Running "Main Hoon Naa"

Author Topic: Anyone Running "Main Hoon Naa"
Joseph Pandolfi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2004 10:18 PM      Profile for Joseph Pandolfi   Email Joseph Pandolfi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are running this now in our theatre. I guess it is the latest Bollywood (Eros Entertainment) release which came in on two burlap boxes each containing five cores of film. As usual with Bollywood there are no end of reel cue marks and there are Bollywood ads at the beginning of the feature and at reel 6 when the intermission starts.

|  IP: Logged

Jason Whyte
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2004 11:06 PM      Profile for Jason Whyte   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Whyte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is still playing in a couple of theaters in Vancouver, one downtown and two in Surrey, where there is a heavy Indian population.

I haven't handled a print, but I have seen two Bollywood films before, "Asoka" and "Devdas", both of which were overly grainy, dirty, no changeover cues and an incredibly noisy, overcranked soundtrack.

Jason

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-08-2004 09:39 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"noisey soundtrack" hmm odd most are loud but that is all
dirty most nowdays are in good shape compared to the 1970's till they waited for it playout in India and then ship one of the prints that had done the rounds over here

We are playing it here at cinesphere still

Trevor Bailey
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2004 03:11 PM      Profile for Trevor Bailey   Author's Homepage   Email Trevor Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been playing at the Flagship in Quincy, MA for the past week and ends tomorrow (yes, Sunday). This was a sort of test but reports from the theater are that it had good attendance. It also helps that the theater it right next to an Indian restaurant.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2004 07:47 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're playing it. Then again, we play almost all Bollywood features that hit the US.

I haven't been there to see attendance, but I think it's only scheduled for 3 days. I believe it played a full set at the first-run, though. (We still charge full price for Bollywood at the sub-run, which undoubtedly pisses people off.)

Eros is generally the better of the distributors. Their movies almost always come on cores, and not just "film in a box" like the others.

But yeah, they're usually used prints. We've gotten several new ones, but the used ones are pretty bad. Very splicey, too. I wonder if it's due to some post-printing censor editing. Sound on all of them is cranked loud as hell, too. We keep the fader at 4 and it's comfortable.

http://www.dattanientertainment.com

=TMP=

Joseph Pandolfi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2004 03:13 PM      Profile for Joseph Pandolfi   Email Joseph Pandolfi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran the 8:30 show on Saturday night and we had about 60 people there. Yes, I thought the soundtrack was overcranked. Our fader was down to 5-1/2 and we played it in SRD. We ran Devdas about a year and half ago. No one picked the print up for about 9 months after we played it here for two weeks.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2004 04:09 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason,

It's not surprising that the Grande is showing this. It's probably doing pretty good. Devdas played for 3-4 weeks in their big house ( Cinema 12 ), opening against Road to Perdition, Reign of Fire and The Croc Hunter film.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: