Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » SLUSH MACHINES

Author Topic: SLUSH MACHINES
Kevin Baglow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2004 07:51 AM      Profile for Kevin Baglow   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Baglow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started with domestic ice shaving machines which eventually broke. Just last Janurary paid a heap locally for a commercial snow cone (ice shaving) machine. I liked these because they sold well, and are just ice, we can set ourselves, from the US my self now, and thinking of importing a slush machine. Can any one throw in any helpfull tips on these, I've never owned or used one. I originally didn't like the idear because they would cost more than snowcones to make because of the bigger percentage of cordial used.

|  IP: Logged

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2004 12:18 AM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
our theatre sells Slushi's like no tomorrow. Our are done by the ICEE company, don't know the model and what not. It works like Bagged Coke-a-cola; and it's pretty easy to use. The cool thing about our units is that they are on timers...they turn on automatically in the morning and shut off after closing.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2004 01:35 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a Slush machine at our theatre. We sell the heck out of the stuff, especially as the weather is getting warmer.

We weren't ready to BUY the machine, so our local Gold Medal dealer gave us a machine to use so long as we buy the product from them. We do pay almost twice as much for the product as we would if we owned the machine, but we still make a sizeable profit on the sales. Ours isn't a bag-in-the-box like the post above, we mix 1/2 gallon of syrup with 2 gallons of water and just pour it in the top of the machine.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2004 01:57 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were some great deals on these machines in the past year in NZ.
Something like pay $xxx.xx for the machine & get an equilent credit for buying syrup.
Ask Richard in Queenstowns Embassy Cinemas

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2004 02:29 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we had a machine like barry's a couple years ago. i liked the stuff, but our manager got rid of it because of the noise. sort of a constant refrigerator/whirring noise that tended to travel through the back concession wall into the main theater, and more importantly, upstairs into the manager's office. hopefully you have better sound insulation than we do.

carl

Joe Schmidt
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2004 08:03 PM      Profile for Joe Schmidt   Email Joe Schmidt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] Yes, summer is nearly here!

Does anyone know of a slush machine that doesn't cost too much and can make small batches of slush to drink at home? While back, I bought a mixer/chopper gizmo from Costco which had a picture of slush right on the box, but it proved unable to grind up the ice cubes into slush and I had to return it.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2004 02:34 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure I recommend the Snoopy SnoCone machine. You can find one on Ebay. [Big Grin]

-

I remember having one of these when I was a kid.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-04-2004 04:05 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those are about as good for making slush as those "make Popsicles at home" kits (where you pour Kool Aid into molds and freeze it resulting in rock-hard blocks of ice that sort of tastes like Kool Aid) are for making Popsicles.

Ian Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2004 05:15 AM      Profile for Ian Bailey   Email Ian Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coca Cola in Australia can supply a frozen coke machine if you are very lucky.We have been trying to get one for over a year now without any success.The problem is that these machines demand very high maintenance(they seem to break down regularly) and unless you would have a very high turnover Coke is not interested.Frosty Boy in Oz will supply a machine and will give you a large quantity of supplies to offset the cost of the machine but it is not COKE!!Our local all-night petrol station had a frozen coke machine but Coke took it away due to it breaking down a lot.There is now a petition being signed to try to get Coke to replace the machine.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: