Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Proiezionisti che parlano Italiano

Author Topic: Proiezionisti che parlano Italiano
Graziano Salotti
Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2004 04:00 PM      Profile for Graziano Salotti   Email Graziano Salotti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
C'è qualcuno che parla Italiano fra i proiezionisti di questo forum? Io sono Italiano della Toscana provincia Lucca e lavoro presso il cinema PUCCINI in 55052 Fornaci di Barga, con una Cinemeccanica "Victoria 5"

|  IP: Logged

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 04-29-2004 04:56 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
English, please! Not because it's so great, but it's what most of us here understand. Besides, I need someone who agrees with me that Cinemeccanica V8's are good machines, because I'm outnumbered..... [Smile]

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2004 06:03 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you conceed that Vic 10 & 5's are as good or better, then I agree.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-29-2004 06:43 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT: Sorry, I replied when I meant to hit "NEW."

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 04-30-2004 06:26 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave!

I've never worked with a V10, so can't comment. But I have used V5's, V9's and V8's. A V5 is a toy compared to a V8, although a good tough toy. Love the V9; the right 'everything' for 35mm.

I hope we didn't scare away Graziano....

Graziano Salotti
Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2004 04:50 PM      Profile for Graziano Salotti   Email Graziano Salotti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry all yoou i speek very little, it is a pity. In Italy Cinemeccanica and in particulary Victoria series are most popular, and me like work with Victoria 5:
All the best
Graziano

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 05-02-2004 07:50 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grazinao, Benventuto, il vostro inglese e migliore del mio italiano. Antonio Marcheselli di firenze contribuisce a questa tribuna.

V-10 units where like tanks...it had a barrel shutter versus a conical...the gate was not as refined as a V-8 ( had to machine the traps to utilize more current change-over parts ). V-8 basically gave next to no trouble...shutter gear...early version of change-over....leaking oil site window....most problems caused by uninformed technicians ( I had had to reassemble a couple which where taken apart and they could not figure how to put it back ). The V-9 was a great projector...the V-4 will not die as long as you give it a squirt for each show...the V-5 is a Ford or Fiat [Big Grin] ....now lets talk about Pio Pion, Fedi, Veronese [Cool]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-02-2004 08:51 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard,
V-10's were definately the best Cinemecanicca ever made.... indestructable! All 4 of the V-10's that I owned came from locatins in Texas and had the same physical gate assy. and trap plate as was on the V-8. Although the gate housing assy was made from steel instead of alumnium. Perhaps these were later V-10's as there was obviously no mods ever done to them... it was all factory. Dang, those 35mm trap plates cost dealers well over 1K U.S. today!!

Mark

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 05-02-2004 09:18 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget German Marin, who posts occasionally from Mortara (PV), Italy [Big Grin]

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 05-03-2004 08:48 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There where quite a few V-10's on Miami Beach in the former grand dame "Uniplex" cinemas.....Hornstein Theater Supply of New York and Miami distributed Cinemeccanica prior to Carbons Inc. ( Xetron ) took over the distribution. They where promoted as an option to the Norelco for 70mm. the ones on the Beach where some of the first to be imported. the Brandt family who operated most of the cinemas had interests in N.Y. as well. One of the locations is still owned by the Brandts and is a nightclub which changes hands every couple of years.
German and another tech left Venezuela to work with Mr. Volphi. the situation in Venezuela the past two years has been very tenuous.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-03-2004 09:34 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always much preferred the vic 8 to the 10 quieter and more inger room and the barrel shutter was to small for many lamphouses to efficiently focus through
Also they were far from indstrucatble had to service many of them in there last days
The trap assembly was not interchangable with a Vic8 one so if the ones you had mark were then someone had modified the head

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2004 11:23 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John W. - I agree with you. How come we have never had this conversation before?

I worked with Cinemeccanica V8's and V10's at a few locations in the Florida Market (On Miami beach and on the west coast of Florida).

Italian Projectors are like Italian Sports Cars - they have their issues - but they run so smooth. I remember the first time I worked with a Cinemeccanica - thinking how much form and function was put into those machines.

Great Machines....

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: