Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Scheduling spreadsheet

Author Topic: Scheduling spreadsheet
Kevin Roudebush
Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2004 01:25 AM      Profile for Kevin Roudebush   Email Kevin Roudebush   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a spreadsheet they use for setting up your weekly schedule? I think I could do something for a new theater I'm opening but it doesn't make sense if someone already has done one and is willing to share. Thanks for saving me a lot of time if you respond.

PS - I'm opening a new theater pub in Salem, Oregon in a few days depending on how all the inspections go.

|  IP: Logged

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2004 04:31 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

I was going to email you a spreadsheet that I use, but seeing that your email address is blocked, I'll just go read more posts.

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2004 10:46 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kevin- Can you send me a copy of the spreadsheet too! My email isn't blocked. Thanks

Paul Salley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2004 10:57 PM      Profile for Paul Salley   Email Paul Salley       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a schedule spreadsheet if anyone is interested just email me.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 03-17-2004 11:28 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Are we talking about a show schedule or an employee schedule or what? I have lots of "weekly schedules" that I have to use.

Gary Crawford
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2004 12:35 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford   Email Gary Crawford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can't find one, use MSAccess to build one. It really isn't bad once you get the hang of it, they work very well and you can also use them for payroll as they can tally up individual columns and other handy features it has. Also great for inventory and a bunch of other uses.

Rob Chabot
Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2004 08:37 AM      Profile for Rob Chabot   Author's Homepage   Email Rob Chabot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a graphical scheduler in our demo that does not require a license.

http://rts-solutions.com

Robert Chabot
Ready Theatre Systems

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2004 04:49 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, your email address bounces back as undeliverable.

Tim Lockridge
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2004 01:43 PM      Profile for Tim Lockridge   Email Tim Lockridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could someone send me an employee schedule spreadsheet? I've been toying with some designs, but I'd like to see what others are using. Thanks in advance.

Matthew Nock
Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2004 09:54 AM      Profile for Matthew Nock   Email Matthew Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too would love to find a nice employee scheduling system that would allow me to set "limits" on how many hours an employee can work in a given week etc, and allow for regular unavailablities, such as school or university etc.

But to also allow for flexible start and finish times of shifts, because like most theatres, we set our staff rosters well before we can confirm 100% the actual show times.

ANy suggestions of worthy software/solutions?

Edward O'Shaughnessy
Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2004 01:25 PM      Profile for Edward O'Shaughnessy   Email Edward O'Shaughnessy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have tried several software schedulers. Some were just too big for what I needed. Some were a waste of money. I did stumble across this one program several years ago and it work fine for the small theatre I was running. It works well with part-time and student scheduling. I get the kids to turn in work what hours they cannot work (i.e. Mom and Dad are going on vacation and won't let me stay home) and change their personal preferences file. This gives me a blank weeks schedule with a graphic picture of who is available for what hours. It will show me how many are working each day at a particular hour. takes me an hour regularly to schedule but can do it in 20minutes if necessary.

You can download this program for FREE at: www.workschedules.com from Gunia Software International. Play with it and see if you like it. If not you will lose nothing and it is a simple program to learn. I have no connection with this company and so get nothing from trying to sell it. It is relatively cheap too. I think I paid $35. Money well spent.

Gunia Software International

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2004 02:02 PM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an Excel spreadsheet I use for employee scheduling. The person who did the scheduling before me created it and I just continued using it when I took over the scheduling. Nothing fancy, just type in people's shifts. It doesn't add up the hours or labor costs or anything like that. it's got 3 pages: the first one shows people's shifts, the second page has everyone's availability on it, and the last one has a chart showing which area of the theater (box,concession,usher,etc.) each employee has been trained to work. Then we also use a daily floor plan chart that we fill in every morning which breaks down the schedule by each position.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: