Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Screenvision and Disney

Author Topic: Screenvision and Disney
William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2004 07:24 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I know Screenvision ads have been discussed here before, but I am looking for info specifically when it comes to Disney produstc and those ads. Reason I am asking is my film buyer, who also was teh ashhole in charge of us when the current owners took over, called and asked why I was not playing the Coke add on the front of Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. My reply was because it was a Disney tagged product and there were memo's out both from screenvision and in the can about DO NOT PLAY THIS COKE AD and DO NOT RUN ANY ROLLING STOCK ADS WITH THIS PRINT that were enclosed with each respectively. He then spouted that he ahs never heard of this at all yet the dumb fuck has been a theatre manager with UA and worked in the Home Office when it first moved to Colorado so I know for a fact he has known about this unless he has had his head up his ass the whole time he has had a movie carrer, Which I also know for a fact he has.Any how his exact words were He did not give a shit what Disney thouggt or said to put the Coke ad on. Can anyone verify that these memo's have in fact come out with there Screenvision Coke ad's and thier print of Drama Queen? If so fax the info to me at (512) 467-6170. If I am right, I am going to do exactly what he said to do then inform Disney.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2004 08:25 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I understand, the restriction on Screenvision ads is on all "Disney" features, not necessarily other BV product (Touchstone, Hollywood, etc.)

However, I believe there is an exception for any product sold at the theater. We continue to run our movietickets.com ads.

Dennis M Dow Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2004 08:30 PM      Profile for Dennis M Dow Jr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, Screenvision commercials are the only thing not allowed on ANIMATED Disney movies..... we also receive notice as to what other movies not to put them on.... We play pepsi and moviefone trailers on all prints

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 02-26-2004 11:30 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They aren't allowed on live-action Disneys either: there was a 'no rolling stock' notice with 'Miracle'.

-Aaron

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 02-27-2004 12:14 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to our home office there are to be no rolling stock ads such as Toyota to be played on any Disney Banner film. Touchstone is ok. Coke ads are allowed on all Buena Vista films (Disney Touchstone).

Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2004 03:13 AM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to our home office. Coke goes on "everything" the screen vision adds do not go on.
Disney
Buena Vista
Holly wood
Miramax
Dimension
Touch Stone.

Kyle

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2004 10:18 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For us:
Coke is OK because it is something that is sold in the theatre.
Feel Good (Foundation) trailers are ok.

Just no "Commercials"

This aplies to "TRUE" Disney (as told by the Sleeping Beauty Castle with the flyover) films. Animated or not.

Touchstone, etc or ok for rolling stock.

Travis Hubrig
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-29-2004 03:47 AM      Profile for Travis Hubrig   Email Travis Hubrig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about this???

The latest screenvision flight we were scheduled with includes an ad for Spy Kids DVD, which happens to be BV or Disney or whatever.

So Disney thinks that ads are in poor taste with feature films in theaters? What is the excuse that they use for not allowing these?
I know the real reason is because they want a cut of $$$ for ads played on their product. But what do they tell the public.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 02-29-2004 12:08 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spy kids 3D is Miramax. I have no problem with Disney not wanting the ads on their Disney features. That's one less film I have to worry about putting those things on.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: