Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Any Cinemarkers gettin hacked off about Passion group sales?? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Any Cinemarkers gettin hacked off about Passion group sales??
Chris Medley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2004 08:23 PM      Profile for Chris Medley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Medley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Problems abound with the group sales department not zeroing out showtimes at my theater...example...

yesterday tickets go on sale....we sell hoards. Today we get an email with a list of bookings...we have a booked auditorium that had 180 tickets sold to the public yesterday...man are we in trouble.. [puke] I feel an interlock coming

I do have to give the group sales people credit..the demand has been huge...but there has been a big lack of communication.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-14-2004 09:17 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Interlocking is fun and easy. You should be excited to get to do it! [Big Grin]

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2004 01:53 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they finally got everything done for us on Thurs Night.
Still they included some dark time stuff for us that we have to work around.

Manuel Francisco Valencia
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2004 02:17 AM      Profile for Manuel Francisco Valencia   Email Manuel Francisco Valencia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry fellas. Based on our situation I really got to hand it to the groupsales dept. We got all of our group bookings before we starting selling to the public. They also either got a $2 percap in the deal or a Movie Meal per person. I think all of the other theatres got this as well.

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2004 02:23 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not complaining that they didn't get things in on time. They did. It's just the dark time stuff, although one time, that has to be done.

Chad Lindsey
Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2004 07:31 PM      Profile for Chad Lindsey   Email Chad Lindsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree there was a lack of communication, but they've made so much money off of this I think I can find it in my heart to forgive them!

Chris Medley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2004 01:18 AM      Profile for Chris Medley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Medley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul
How are you guys gonna handle the transport from Tinseltown??

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 02-16-2004 01:43 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like there's some "same-company" communication code going on here! [Smile]

This is one situation where having a 450 seat auditorium has come in handy.

Also, having a POS system that pulls the seats when the group is sold has turned out to be a good thing, too. Don't all you big-chain guys have that??????

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2004 08:39 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack,

Our system does NOT allow for the seats to be 'pulled' when sold. Actually, we have no presale capability, aside from same day advance. Our company decided to have 56 different pads on tickets printed up. Each time slot for each day has it's own pad. Each pad has the number of seats able to be sold in the theatre it will be in. The patron pre-purchases a ticket now an dredeems it at the box office on the date of performance.

The preselling has worked out rather well, but as NONE of my shows has sold out (not even close yet), I am left with little other option than to tell my cashiers how many tickets they can sell for a given show. It will be up to them to keep track of the number they sell versus the number that has been presold.

If the show(s) had sold out in advance, this wouldn't pose a problem, however, because they did not, we must chnage our seating caps on a per show basis based on how many advanced tickets were sold which is going to make it really interesting when we have folks buying tickets for a 7:00 show at noon when the box office opens.

Not a soul in our corporate office has mentioned the fiasco that is sure to occur at soem locations. I'm still trying to determine the best procedure for ensuring that the cashiers do not oversell any shows.

And the worst part? I'll be in Vegas when the film opens, so I have to count on my asst's to get his right. All extremities will be crossed in hopes they do. [Eek!]

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2004 08:51 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, I am running at least one midnight show. I will just clamp them and deliver after these shows are over.

Then the next morning, pick them up after they are done.

It would be nice to meet you sometime if you wanted to come down.

Paul

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 02-16-2004 10:50 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Jason:

quote:
Our system does NOT allow for the seats to be 'pulled' when sold.... Our company decided to have 56 different pads on tickets printed up. Each time slot for each day has it's own pad.... I'll be in Vegas when the film opens, so I have to count on my asst's to get his right.
Ahhhhh... just ribbing you guys a little. [Big Grin] Sounds like you've got a challenging system though. Good luck! I was in Florida this month (we live near Seattle). Even with most everything I own accessible by my laptop, things still happened. I had a triac blow in a brand new dimmer & we were switching the lights with the circuit breaker until I got a friend of mine up from 60(ish) miles away to fix the darned thing.

Stephen Jones 1
Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2004 11:01 PM      Profile for Stephen Jones 1   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Jones 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure all you Cinemarkers have seen the email on how much this film has made in pre-sales alone for the company. My location hardly ever gets group bookings and we have 10 lined up already. Not to mention the plethora of calls received each day about when tickets go on sale. Since I have ATS, we still have a little time before the storm hits. If any of you will be at the Dallas roadshow, make sure and say hello! [Smile]

Chris Liczbinski
Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2004 11:10 PM      Profile for Chris Liczbinski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We (Movies 16 in Grand Prairie) also have our prints playing at Tinseltown but now at least we just have to make one trip to pick up the print after they are done with it. We too have had a few minor problems with seating being zeroed out for completely booked shows, but I think we got it worked out now.

Chris Medley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2004 01:09 AM      Profile for Chris Medley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Medley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we will all breath easier now...they seem to have worked the kinks out...sorta [thumbsup]

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2004 01:08 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh.. ATS.. >>shudder<<

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: