Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Village Australia ESP training/orientation manuals

Author Topic: Village Australia ESP training/orientation manuals
Matthew Nock
Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2004 08:16 PM      Profile for Matthew Nock   Email Matthew Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is a huge ask, but does anyone have a copy of the Village "Entertainment Service Personnel" training and orientation manuals? ie: what you get when you start?

And also the "Location Trainers Manual" ?

I have seen bits of these manuals and they are fantastic and would love to use them as a basis for our own training materials [Smile]

Cheers,

M@

|  IP: Logged

David Kilderry
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2004 05:23 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage   Email David Kilderry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the compliment on the manuals. They were prepared by Frank Prete and myself. The manuals run to several hundred pages in total with pictures and diagrams. The workshop notes are continually updated. They commence with trainee projectionists - ESP1, then move to qualified projectionists -ESP3, head projectionist - ESP4 and finally Techical Manager. I no longer work for Village, but am unable to supply copies.

Good luck in your quest, hope you enjoy the manuals.

David

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-29-2004 02:03 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds interesting. Who at Village would I have to contact to buy a copy of that manual?

Matthew Nock
Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2004 06:57 PM      Profile for Matthew Nock   Email Matthew Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

I had guessed that you might have had something to do with them - and they are truly terrific!

Michael, I can make a couple of the ones I have as PDF's to show you.

I Like the fact that there is a staff policy handbook type thing, but then also a staff training manual - which teachs everything from how to tear a ticket correctly, through to making choc-tops and popcorn (all with a quiz at the end to see what you have learned!)

I have a few friends who work at Village who are seeing if they can get me some - David, if you speak with Frank, can you ask him for a copy? [Smile] Every time I email him, his email account is full!

Cheers,

M@

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-30-2004 04:32 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be very nice.

Liam Utley
Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2004 06:57 PM      Profile for Liam Utley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Matt. My brother was actually asking me if I could get one for you. Apparently his girlfriends brother is your friend or something. I have a copy of the "Site Trainers Manual", but it is huge... is there a particular section you wanted? BTW... every page has a copyright at the bottom, so obviously you could use it as a basis, but not copy it.

Matthew Nock
Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2004 08:39 PM      Profile for Matthew Nock   Email Matthew Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Liam,

Yep, Keirans girlfriend la de da [Smile] I am ideally after the whole thing - I understand its copyrighted material, and I dont want to copy it as a whole, but want to use it as a basis for the manual(s) that I will be writing for two different cinemas - obviously, we wont be running exactly like village do - thats why I just want to use it as a basis.

maybe we can discuss it offline sometime so I can borrow the trainers manual and any other manuals, then return them to you when I have seen everything that is covered in them? [Smile]

Cheers,

M@

Ian Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-31-2004 06:42 PM      Profile for Ian Bailey   Email Ian Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about the Film-Tech gurus contacting Village to see if they can be made available on this site-or am I asking too much of Village?
Mathew-I think you may still be upsetting the copyright laws just a tad!

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 02-01-2004 12:30 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be interested in the projectionist training manuals too. I think if they would be available on Film-Tech, alot of people here would find it useful. Just my opinion..

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: