Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Outing Bad Concession Suppliers

Author Topic: Outing Bad Concession Suppliers
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2003 01:22 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marjack, out of Corona, California.

<<RANT ON>>
They never, ever, ever, get their orders correct. I have personally been there when the deliveries happen. They have poor customer service, and they SUCK.
<<RANT OFF>>

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-17-2003 05:16 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately Theatre Candy (out of Salt Lake City) has been out of at least 1/3 of the items we've ordered, and they've screwed up quite a few things (last time, we got canola oil instead of coconut, for example.)

But I've heard the company is in the process of being sold...when that's done, the inventory problems should go away.

To their credit, they've been quick to fix the problems when they can, but it's still more work for us.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2003 05:23 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't like the service you are receiving ... switch suppliers ... if you don't have the authority to do so, inform the person who does. I don't believe that a public forum is the best place to discuss private business dealings

Erick Akers
Arse Kicker

- posted 11-17-2003 08:18 PM      Profile for Erick Akers   Email Erick Akers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mike, (Spaeth)

What contitutes as private business? [Confused]

Lighten up a little [Big Grin]

If pricing information was provided in this thread then it might be concidered private.

Outing bad suppliers is not necessarily a bad thing; after all, consessions is where the real money is made
and many small theaters would not and could not exsist without them!!!

By sharing this information on bad suppliers, it just might incourage them to improve the services that they provide.

Unless you feel that we all deserve to get [sex] ed?

If; as a result, some suppliers were to go out of business, instead if improving their service [fu] we didn't need them anyway!!! [thumbsup]

Here at Film Tech we share our knowledge, both the good and the bad, for the betterment of our chosen profession.

After all, The Quality Of Presentation Should Be Our Ultamate Goal from the largest to the smallest of details.

Anyone else agree???

Dont Make Me Have To Kick Some Serious Arse!!! [evil]

Jesse Stanley
Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2003 08:33 PM      Profile for Jesse Stanley   Email Jesse Stanley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 11-20-2003, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Jesse Stanley ]

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 11-17-2003 11:48 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 3 major suppliers we use all have systems that track our purchases. We don't really need to do much more than reference our needs by name (Red Vines, Junior Mints, Large Popcorn Cups, Pepperoni, Pizza Cheese).

The systems are all programmed to take these generic titles & compare them to our past purchases, thereby connecting them to the specific product SKU codes that we normally purchase.

It's our past purchasing history that's used as a "database" for future buys... something that shouldn't be too hard for most any company to do.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-18-2003 02:31 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike S: I don't want to switch suppliers. We've been buying from Theatre Candy since about 1980 and they have always been just fine, until just recently. That's why I used "lately" in my postt.

The problems appear to be on the mend, and will be taken care of when the company sale is finished.

So I'm giving it some time. If they continue to suck, then I'll think about switching.

If we're not going to talk about the little details of the industry, about half the threads on the forums would have to be deleted! [Smile]

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2003 01:54 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then why do we have a forum called "Outing bad projectionists" in another area here? Shouldn't that be kept private too?

Hey - I am sorry but I believe this forum serves a purpose. Giving fellow managers the heads up on a situation is not illegal.

Travis Hubrig
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2003 04:36 PM      Profile for Travis Hubrig   Email Travis Hubrig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that as long as people are willing to put a name to a complaint, and back up the allegations, then they are entitled to publicly comment on a business. The business is also entitled to answer or justify complaints.

It almost seems like the American Way.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 11-20-2003 06:17 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey - I am sorry but I believe this forum serves a purpose. Giving fellow managers the heads up on a situation is not illegal.
No... so long as you're able to prove your words, should the company you're dissing care to contest you in court. It could also cost you come lawyer money to defend your statements, assuming the company you work for won't support you this way.

Free speech isn't necessarily without its accountabilities.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2003 10:56 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Free speech isn't necessarily without its accountabilities".

Good Business isn't necessarily either.

I don't think it would be in any company's best interest to sue over the fact that they have poor customer service (and it could be proven in court). Then that would be a vehicle for the rest of the world to know they really do 'suck'.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: