Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Permission to Photograph your theatre. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Permission to Photograph your theatre.
Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 11-11-2003 01:38 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you working for big chains, if somebody needed to get corporate office permissions to take pictures of your fine theatre, who would you tell them to contact?

I'm having the hardest damn time finding current information on many chains.

|  IP: Logged

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 11-11-2003 01:46 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a worldwide guide to Exhibition contacts:

http://www.filmjournal.com/applications/guides/alpha.cfm?PageID=11111170

Usually the decision maker would be the VP of Operations, or perhaps the regional or city manager.

Mathew Molloy
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2003 02:43 PM      Profile for Mathew Molloy   Email Mathew Molloy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most likely your district manager would be the contact. I think Head of Operations would be the next step up the ladder.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2003 03:33 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Cinemark (my former employer) - Terrell Falk

For Spotlight (not exactly a big company) - ME

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 11-11-2003 03:52 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So for Cinemark, Terrell Falk is the VP of Marketing?

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 11-11-2003 04:22 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When in doubt. You can always write to the Head man (President)and in the body of the letter ask him/her to pass the letter on to the person you should be talking to. Most excutive's will send a letter back stating who you should call or write to.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 11-11-2003 04:30 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've actually already contacted Terrel Falk... she was quite helpful and has already been very supportive of the Cinematour efforts.

Come on -- where are the AMC / Regal people???

Bob Maar

- posted 11-11-2003 04:32 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do not hold your breath.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 11-11-2003 04:37 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob... you're rather bold lately... any reasons?

Bob Maar

- posted 11-11-2003 04:43 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't noticed.....maybe it's time. Thanks for asking.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2003 07:55 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, John ... I believe she's got a VP title.

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2003 09:52 PM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My advice would definitely be to write to the district manager of the theatre you're wanting to photo. The GM of that theatre would probably be happy to give you his/her phone number.

[ 12-16-2003, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Emma Tomiak ]

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2003 04:12 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As another Regal person, the best place to go would be the marketing and advertising people in Knoxville. They have the ultimate say with anything with the media. I would love to have my pictures posted here to show off my theatre, but alas, that needs to go through corporate.

Travis Hubrig
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2003 04:04 PM      Profile for Travis Hubrig   Email Travis Hubrig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carmike Cinemas - Gary Krannacker, General Manager of Theatre Operations

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 11-22-2003 08:34 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As we jave found, no permission is needed to take exterior photos from the street or any oublic vantage point. Nor is permission needed to use the photographs. If permission were necessary it would be just about impossible for news media to use any pictures etc. That is pretty much what our attorney told us.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: