Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Subliminal Mickeys In The Haunted Mansion Standee

Author Topic: Subliminal Mickeys In The Haunted Mansion Standee
Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 10-19-2003 09:48 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else notice them? I found two so far while looking for the other hidden images.

|  IP: Logged

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-20-2003 06:05 PM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I've noticed them! I was trying to find all the hidden stuff listed at the bottom of each side of the standee, and there is a little row of the things.

Travis Hubrig
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-20-2003 08:45 PM      Profile for Travis Hubrig   Email Travis Hubrig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the standee yet, what other objects are hidden?

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 10-20-2003 09:23 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've found all the objects except for the luggage. Anyone found the luggage yet?

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 10-21-2003 09:09 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the luggage is a pain in the a**! I'll give you a hint... Lay down on the floor, and look closely.

I just realized that the thing is double sided! Ooooo More stuff to find! All standees should be this fun.

Emma, a little row?? You must have found some that I haven't found yet. I found two in the panel with the mirror. One down on the bottom left pillar, and one up in the top right corner of the brown wooden part.

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-21-2003 12:39 PM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone post a picture??? [Smile] [Smile]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 10-24-2003 08:44 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the fact that they send you off looking for other pictures on this thing, but don't make any mention at all of the Mickeys.

Here's the two that we found, both on the mirror panel...

I found this one first... Bottom right of the stone decoration:

-

Then I told someone else to find the hidden Mickey, and when he said he found it, he pointed to this one, which is kinda hard to see - very faint brown image in the middle of the black:
 -

Anyone else find any more?

Daniel Fuentz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2003 02:08 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some friends and I were at the Signature Theatre last night and spent about 15 minutes trying to find all the stuff on the standee. (I had seen it before, but never noticed there was stuff hidden in it!) I think we found everything except the luggage.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2003 12:15 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is at least one stone Mickey on each panel. I have to go look now for all those red Mickeys.........

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2003 09:29 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought about this post tonight while I had my camera at work, so I took pictures of most of the images found. All were found, including the luggage, which was, for me, the hardest to find. OK, so I had to get an employee who had already found it to point it out.

Many, many little Mickeys abound in this thing. After a dozen or so, I quit counting. Some panels have three or more each.

Will post pictures when I get home tonight.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 10-28-2003 02:20 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found three more since I posted the pictures, but I didn't have my camera with me. I am eager to see which ones you've found. Is this the first time Disney's done this kind of thing when promoting a movie? I wonder if the posters and/or banners (or for that matter, the movie itself) will include hidden Mickeys.

I wouldn't be surprised if the CAP code dots look like little Mickey heads. [Wink]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 10-28-2003 02:44 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the CAP code dots look like little Mickey heads. [Wink]
Don't give anyone ideas! [Roll Eyes]

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 10-28-2003 06:13 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is this the first time Disney's done this kind of thing [hidden Mickeys] when promoting a movie?
I think the materials for 'Hunchback of Notre Dame' had a couple of hidden Mickeys in it as well.

You might also want to check out The Hidden Mickeys Website (sometimes doesnt always properly resolve- you may get 404 errors, but the site IS there)

-Aaron

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: