Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » New Rialto Sign (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: New Rialto Sign
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2003 05:56 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are tearing off our old awning and putting up a new sign. I will post photos of the progress here as there will not be too many of them.

Here is a photo of the tear off.

-

This is not the new sign. This is just a temperary sign and a size study. I think you will like the final sign.

And here is a photo of Ky and Michael watching the tear off.

-

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2003 01:19 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope the new one will have enough neon on it to blackout the entire neighborhood!! I wish the neon on my sign still worked, half of it isn't even there anymore. [uhoh]

Danny

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-09-2003 01:28 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I look forward to seeing pics of the new sign. If the new sign says "Movies with Nekkid People in Them" your business will quintuple. Of course since seniors are a large portion of your clientele, perhaps not.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2003 11:41 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a picture now that the new composite roofing has been installed.

-

Yes, a raised metal seam roof would have looked better. But the landlord agreed to pay for the roofing job and refused the added expense of metal, which is twice as expensive as composition. But the new sign will shine against this roof, so it will recede in to the background and everybody will think it's great.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-15-2003 01:58 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ian where did you get that picture of the common criminal that you are posting?

I notice this same illegal picture has appeared in other posts.

How much would you charge for a baker's dozen? [Razz]

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2003 06:07 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't forgotten about this post, it's just that it's taking too damn long.

The roofing is done and we were supposed to get the new sign November 17th. But the sign shop is delayed and we won't get it till after Thanksgiving.

Bob Maar

- posted 11-12-2003 07:10 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, These guy's are taking you and your partner for a ride. I don't think they have even started your sign. They will demand another payment up front before they will split for greener pastures. They are maost likely setting up Joe Redifer as their next victim. Ian beat them to the punch and have them arrested....call the cops now. Joe will thank you later. [Smile]

[ 11-12-2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Bob Maar ]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-12-2003 08:03 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just hope Ian isn't using some gawd-awful clip art company like Signtronix. Their stuff looks like [bs] and if you got close enough to it their displays would probably smell like [bs] too!

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2003 01:04 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a top sign shop in the bay area. The guy loves our theatre and comes by often. We are a small fish and their shop is backed up. I'm not worried.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2003 04:57 PM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got an "off-site" marquee for our theatre, and I can't even get an electrician to go down and hook the dam thing up.

My sign is 10 feet wide X 5'-6" tall, bottom of sign is 8' off the ground. The trench is dug, the meter deposit is paid, the commercial electric timer is sitting on my desk, and the 175 feet of conduit is lying in a pile in the weeds behind the sign.

I can't find an electrician who want to do such a small job.

Bob Maar

- posted 11-14-2003 02:28 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry call Ian's sign shop in San Francisco they will come and hook it up for you. [Smile]

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2003 02:05 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's almost done. They got most of it up yesterday before the horrendous rains started. We had 7" of rain last night.

-

I'll post a finished photo and an old photo when they get the job done.

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2003 02:39 PM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks absolutely gorgeous. Nice work!

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 12-10-2003 02:42 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice looking sign. That rain came in fast --- not a cloud in the sky in your photo.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 12-10-2003 03:05 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sign looks great! Very classy.

(You're _still_ showing Winged Migration???)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: