Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » No Kill Bill, Intolerable Cruelty for us :-(

Author Topic: No Kill Bill, Intolerable Cruelty for us :-(
Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2003 02:26 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They told us a week ago we would have the movie, well both movies, and the booking sheet yesterday told us we weren't getting them now. Talk about being bummer, I have to pay to see it in a really shitty theater down the road now. I guess the other theaters in our area bitched to Mirimax too much and they pulled them from us....but any other movie but Kill Bill....I've been waiting for 2 years now

|  IP: Logged

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-07-2003 04:48 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A local theater chain here in Utah had to take Universal to court to get films booked. They couldn't even get Mummy Returns. Their films were going to a theater a couple of miles down the street, that had smaller auditoriums and sound that didn't match up.

After the suit, which was settled, they started getting the films, and then they started getting all the good films, then the theater down the street gave up, shut down, and now it is landfill!

So if you can't get good films, get a good lawyer!

Dave

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2003 06:38 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Talk about being bummer, I have to pay to see it in a really shitty theater down the road now.
Reading/City Cinemas has not played anything from Universal or Fox in at least 6 months. Reading's theater in Manville NJ was a-hurtin' this summer -- it ran arthouse product to fill the void and that didn't work.

At least the Reading ban means more business for AMC. [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: