Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » rant on stupid customers (Page 1)

This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  73  74  75 

Author Topic: rant on stupid customers
Philip Wittlief
Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 05:44 PM      Profile for Philip Wittlief   Author's Homepage   Email Philip Wittlief   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Twice today out of only like 20 people I've had customers ask which size the middle popcorn is on our display. There's 3 different sized tubs next to each other each progressively bigger and there are 3 popcorn sizes, small, medium, large. How tough can it be to figure it out. This happens way too much for me to understand. Alright, I feel better now that I've complained. Anybody else have this happen? Or any other just idiotic comments. I know everybody does.

phil

|  IP: Logged

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 10-05-2003 06:46 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah... happens here all the time. I especially like the ones that ask "what's your small"?, or "what's your large"?, when looking at the stacks on the wall... it's pretty much the same insanity.

Chris Trainor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 09:26 PM      Profile for Chris Trainor   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Trainor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just give them stupid answers along with stupid questions...

When they ask what's the small. I answer 'the little one'.

--Chris

Robert D. LaValley
Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 10:04 PM      Profile for Robert D. LaValley   Email Robert D. LaValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny things I've heard customers say

When is the 7:00 showing of blah blah blah.....?

can you re-wind the movie so I can see the part I missed?

The vertical hold is gone.

cust says -- Do you take credit cards?
Reply -- sorry we don't even have cash registers.
cust says -- do you take ATM cards then?

The most interesting wasn't a stupid question.. just odd cause it never happened to me before but

"can I have extra butter in a courtesy cup? "

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 10:57 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We used to have that question about butter all the time. I always wondered if they just wanted it for later or actually drank it. A shot of butter-flavored topping: yummy! [puke]

AJG

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-05-2003 11:03 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my favorite stupid customer question was on a film that was color with black and white.

Someone came out and asked if we could do something about the color it keeps going in and out? [Roll Eyes]

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 11:18 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Philip, blame the fast food restaurants for this one! Several years ago, some fast food restaurants dropped the "small, medium, and large" for the three sizes and switched to "medium, large, and extra large". So, the middle one in the first case was medium, and in the second case would be large. I've heard customers ask that question many times in fast food restaurants, so I'm not surprised that they're asking it in theatres. Unless you have the sizes clearly labeled, don't blame the customers for this one. I admit that I've often identified which drink size I've wanted by pointing to the cup if I wasn't sure which size system a place was using.

Richard C. Wolfe
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2003 12:32 AM      Profile for Richard C. Wolfe   Author's Homepage   Email Richard C. Wolfe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you better keep an eye on what auditorium they go into. They might want to butter something other then the popcorn.

Jarred Olsen
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2003 12:34 AM      Profile for Jarred Olsen   Email Jarred Olsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing beats a new Rated-R Policy!

*first day of new policy*

Them: "Two for Cabin Fever?"
Me: "Can I see some ID?"
Them: "I'm 18." *doesn't have ID*
Me: "Sorry, I can't let you in without a form of identification. We have a new policy."
Them: "But yesterday I got in without it!"

Or how about when their parents want their kids to watch a Rated R movie without them? Ooooooh!
First day of the new policy, we get this mom who wants her daughters to go watch Freddy vs. Jason (reason for new policy) We tell her they can't go in without a parent. She gets mad, demands that before they could go in without her. Reminds her of new policy. Wants to talk to the manager. Manager comes down, tells her the same exact thing we did. She leaves, comes back with 2 police officers! Yikes...

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-06-2003 01:56 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The most moronic customers I ever had appeared when I was looking after the box office during someone's break. They were a group of three teens; two girls and a boy. They wanted to see Mission Impossible 2 but it was sold out, so they asked what else was showing. I suggested Open Your Eyes (the Penelope Cruz thriller of which Vanilla Sky was a remake), to which the girl remarked that she'd heard about it on the Barry Norman show and wouldn't mind giving it a try. 'I'm not going into that pile of shite; it's in fookin' wop language with fookin' writing on the screen, innit?', objected one of her male companions. She corrected him by pointing out that the film was in fact Spanish. 'Alright then', he conceded, 'it's in fookin' dago language - but I still ain't fookin' watching it!'

I guess showing arthouse and mainstream under the same roof doesn't always work... [Roll Eyes]

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2003 04:45 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jarrod, how can that be a new policy since the ratings have been place since the late sixties?

Liam Utley
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2003 04:53 AM      Profile for Liam Utley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a guy that works in our ticket box, and when he gives out the tickets he says to the customer "There are your tickets, you are in seat K6-8". If the customer replies "What are those seats like?" he replies "They're comfortable."

I once kicked a kid out of a cinema for sneaking in, and when i kicked him out he said "Why are you hassling me man? is it because I'm black?" The guy was as white as a ghost. I almost laughed until i realised he was serious.

Dan Harris
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2003 06:58 AM      Profile for Dan Harris   Email Dan Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh my favorite stupid customer question was on a film that was color with black and white.

Someone came out and asked if we could do something about the color it keeps going in and out?

I had that numerous times with American History X. The most amusing was an elderly guy who complained that the "colour wasn't working" on the opening credits, and came back an hour later to complain that "the colour had gone again"

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 10-06-2003 11:55 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not related to our industry, but there was once a little old lady who sat in Washington State Ferry terminal. She sat there for hours until one of the staff personnel noticed her. When the staff person asked if everything was OK, she said, "Are we in Bremerton yet?"

She thought she was on the ferry.

And then another time some lady who was standing on the "pickle fork" of the ferry asked a deck hand, "What is the elevation here?"

Oh, dear...... [Roll Eyes]

Ron Yost
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2003 02:18 PM      Profile for Ron Yost   Email Ron Yost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever happened to that little blanket policy sign:

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."

It's probably not legal in these P.C. times.

Ron Yost

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  73  74  75 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: