Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » The Full Monty

Author Topic: The Full Monty
Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2003 09:05 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 Copies in the whole of the UK.

Just 2 freaking copies!

*gets a headache*

|  IP: Logged

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2003 10:52 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure where you got that from, my spies at fox / perivale say there are a lot more than that!

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2003 03:25 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...it's what my booker says fox told her.

So next idea: DVD. *shakes head* nope. Fox don't do DVD rental.

So next idea: VHS. This actually works out better for us than DVD. Much easier to find a working VHS player in this University than a DVD. The pain in the arse is just getting Ancillary Services to book out a Lecture Theatre. God Knows how much they'll charge for that. Good job the languages dept is going to be paying for all of this.

Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-23-2003 10:51 AM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just becarefull about screening home video stuff, as the old 'Rights' issue will be in question, and who wants to watch a frigin vhs video!!?

Get back ontp Fox, or just ring Perivale and ask how many prints they have, they are normally very good.

Darren

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 08-23-2003 05:54 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
VHS - give me a break - VHS looks exceptionally crappy when shown blown up on a big screen!

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2003 03:40 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
especially when it's the full monty. ugh.

carl

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2003 03:40 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's either VHS or wait till mid october, (I trush my booker I'm not going to start ringing around behind her back.)

It's a special screening so october is going to be too late.

Darren: The VHS will be properly licensed, it'll be coming from our regular booker.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 08-24-2003 06:29 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that case you will have to stage a live performance of "The Full Monty". I am sure your audience will love it.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 08-24-2003 07:15 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that you want to trust your booker but there is the possability that you were told there were no prints because they, the distributor, did not want to give you one for some reason. This has happend before.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-27-2003 08:58 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess would be that it's something to do with the release of Calendar Girls, given that the subject matter is so similar. Perhaps Fox has done a deal with BV for some sort of tie-in rerelease, DVD promotion or whatever, and wants to keep The Full Monty out of normal theatrical circulation until it's done.

But there again, if they're willing to sell you a licence to show a VHS, maybe not...

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 08-27-2003 09:54 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank Angel wrote in a thread called "CDS Equipped Theatres" about "Fantasia mag prints:

quote:
All I ever got from him was the same story, "Frank, how many times we gotta go over this...all we got is regular prints.
During one of my many trips over to the Los Angeles depot. I saw a few mag prints that the booker said that was no longer available.

This happened when I used to work theatres long time ago. Once we were told by our booker that they did not have any prints of this movie available in the Los Angeles depot.
One day a few months after that. We had to go to the NFS depot in Pico Rivera, CA. And we saw a few shelves with about 10 prints of the title we were looking to book. So we called them back up to ask about that title. They still told us, they still did not have any prints. Sometimes the booker [sleep] does not know how many prints there are.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2003 12:35 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quick question (not really Full Monty related)

What do the company Film Bank have?

Do they have 35mm?

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-02-2003 11:20 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film Bank do VHS, DVD and 16mm

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: