Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Famous Players $2 OFF Repeat Voucher

Author Topic: Famous Players $2 OFF Repeat Voucher
Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2003 10:08 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they may be only offering this in Winnipeg, and if they are, then they test A LOT of promotions here!
 -
Can FAMOUS do this because they are a huge company, or are they able to offer it because its the same company, and its a second run type deal?

What do you think and is this being rolled out where you are?

|  IP: Logged

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2003 04:40 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know at first this seem to be a really good idea, however, in practice what you are going to have is people giving their stubs to friends/family who have not seen the movie yet. Also if theaters are going to accept ticket stubs from competitors than counterfeit tickets ("hey I bought these from a theater two towns over") could also be a problem. That being said, I like the idea of encouraging people to see movies multiple times in theaters. A lot of times people will see the movie at the theater and then wait for the DVD before they see it again.

I think that this would work (the discount) if you put a two week restriction on it (same as passes) and each theater can only accept ticket stubs if they are from that same theater.

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2003 05:28 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I think that this would work (the discount) if you put a two week restriction on it (same as passes) and each theater can only accept ticket stubs if they are from that same theater."

I think if you saw the movie at Famous Players SilverCity Polo Park, then to see it again, you have to go to SilverCity Polo Park with the FP SilverCity PP Stub.

So, Can Famous Players do this because the movies are now second run, and it makes 6.50 for all seats (8.50 usually), instead of $1.50? Or, is this simple because Famous Players has been around for 83/84 years and they have some major power they can use?

Nicholas Roznovsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2003 07:55 PM      Profile for Nicholas Roznovsky   Author's Homepage   Email Nicholas Roznovsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen "Pirates" playing second-run anywhere yet and $6.50 sounds a bit too steep for a second-run engagement. More than likely, you bring your ticket stub back and they punch out a kid's ticket instead of an adult. Or a special "Return Customer" ticket - same deal, just a fancy name.

Trust me, none of the distributors think that any chain has any semblance of power. Some guy probably pitched the idea to Disney/Miramax as a way to milk some more box office returns after the kiddies went back to school and they decided to give it a shot to see if it works.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 03-04-2005 04:35 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 562 days since the last post.

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2005 04:35 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More than likely, you bring your ticket stub back and they punch out a kid's ticket instead of an adult.

At that time, and still currently, the theatre offers $8.75 (was $8.50) tickets for all ages, all shows, all seats, all the time, yadda yadda yadda. So, a child pays the same eitherway.

Just thought I'd add this in and update the post.

Wayne Keyser
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 05:59 PM      Profile for Wayne Keyser   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Keyser       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember my first lesson in "the real theater business world" back when I was about 10. They had a drawing for a free ticket, during a visit to see 101 DALMATIANS, and I won. I won a ticket that expired on the last day of the run of 101 DALMATIANS.

Oh joy.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: