Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Question on Marcus Theaters, Addision, IL

Author Topic: Question on Marcus Theaters, Addision, IL
Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2003 01:58 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. I will be heading to Addison, IL this weekend and intend on visiting the Marcus Theater there. Anyone been there or know anything about the chain in general? I've never been to a THX certified theater so I'm curious to know if this one really holds up to the THX name. Thanks!

AJG

|  IP: Logged

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2003 03:03 PM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Addison was a brand new construction in the mid 90's by Marcus.

It is 20 conventional screens and 1 IMAX (that often plays 35mm in the evenings)

While Marcus doesn't pay for the THX certification on all of their screens, their screens on new constructions are built to THX standards.

The theatre has stadium seating and has digital sound (SRD and DTS I believe) in each auditorium.

For more information on Marcus Theatres and the Marcus Corporation you can visit their website www.marcustheatres.com

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2003 07:29 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks John!

AJG

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: