Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Couples Having Sex In The Theater (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Couples Having Sex In The Theater
Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 07-25-2003 12:27 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other day, while starting The Italian Job, I noticed a young lady sitting on a guy's lap in the top stadium row. She was facing him, sucking face with him. Later I came back to check the movie, and glanced down again, and noticed they weren't there anymore. Nope, they were on the floor now. Doing what you ask? [sex]

Now I have to admit, I've never seen THAT in a theater before! The security guard went in, tip toed up to them and whispered, "you can't do that here!" The guy jumped up, and pulled his pants up - not without unintentionally mooning everyone in the theater - and sat down. The girl apparently had a hard time finding her panties, getting them on, getting her skirt situated, and all that. It took her a few minutes to get completely dressed again. Then they left.

Ever come across that in your theaters? I found out later that it happens a couple of times a week at our place.

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-25-2003 12:49 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember I was closing a drive-in theatre one night, and I observed a car that was still on the field...about 1/2 hour after the show. The car was slightly bouncing on the springs.

I went out there with my Mag-Light, rapped on the window, and asked them what they were doing.

The reply was, "just necking"....and I immediately said, "well, the movie is over. Better put your neck back in your pants and take her home." [Big Grin]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 07-25-2003 01:22 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've walked in on that kind of activity a couple of times. My favorite was when there were 2 women rolling around in the aisle together...they were the only ones in the theater. The other male manager that found them didn't mind it too much. [Roll Eyes]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-25-2003 01:42 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen this but I hear about it a lot. Usually happens after the last show gets out at night. Once it happened during the movie "Sex with Strangers" which was some sort of weird ass wannabe documentary about swingers. I only heard that an employee wandered in there during a show and many different people were doing things. I never got the details... that's all I heard. Why that particular movie would turn anyone on is beyond me.

OK now who is going to admit doing it in the theaters themselves? On the clock? I forsee no answers to that question.

Greg Pauley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2003 02:17 PM      Profile for Greg Pauley   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Pauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of years ago we updated & expanded one of our theatres and had to bring in a banker to look over the project after it was completed. The manager was walking the guy around showing him the building during showtime and decided to take him into one of the auditoriums and show him how nice the auditorium looked with the cleanup lights turned on. The manager looked in this auditorium and didn’t see anyone sitting and turned on the cleanup lights. When they walked down the stairs, they got a surprise view of two naked people lying on the floor. Bet the guy had a lot to talk about the next day at the bank!

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2003 03:34 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of banks [Big Grin] On one ocassion when I went to my bank, there was a van in the parked inparking lot and was shaking and bouncing around quite severely....with a lot of moaning [Big Grin] comming from inside. My only thought is that this had to bee some kind of Candid Camera gag...to this day I wish that I would have punded on the door!

Sex in the theatre...aw yea. Used to go on the roof of the theatre for an occasional break, the roof being accessed through the booth. While looking down in the parking lot, noticed a 4 door sedan with a guy and gall getting it on, right smack in an open shopping mall parking lot! The girls legs were high in the air...and out the car window. When they finished, the guy climbed out of the car and casually zipped up his pants. Could not resist the cat call this time! [Big Grin]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 07-25-2003 03:39 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
OK now who is going to admit doing it in the theaters themselves? On the clock? I forsee no answers to that question.
You're right, no comment! [Smile] Salaried employees are considered on the clock at all times, right? Just wondering...

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 07-25-2003 03:48 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very common problem at drive-ins:

Susie Midi

After the last show, we made a clear announcment that the show was over, turned on the field lights, and then discretely walked around the field "picking up trash".

Of course, some of the "trash" was best handled with latex gloves for "protection". [Roll Eyes]

Aaron Haney
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2003 07:16 PM      Profile for Aaron Haney   Email Aaron Haney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Alanis Morissette sang about this phenomenon once. [Wink]

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-25-2003 07:50 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back when I worked at a drive-in one of the district managers was telling me about when he ran a drive-in back in the 70's they played some of those soft core movies of the time. one day he wanted to close up early so he asked the projectionist to skip reel two and go to reel three running 20 min. reels. No horns blew and no one complained so he told him to skip reel four and go to reel five still no complaints or horns blowing. He was out of there 40 minutes early. It was obvious no one was watching the movie.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-25-2003 07:53 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darryl, what drive-in did you work at? I was at all of them there, at one time or another.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-25-2003 08:00 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I worked the Skyvue Drive-in during the summer of 86. It was the first year that the drive-in converted from Carbon arc to xenon. I was also an assistant manager. I had to learn how to use the carbon arc machine because it was a back-up at the time.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-25-2003 08:24 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, John. There was a piece of "trash" glued to one of the speaker poles at another drive-in I worked at. Gross!

The manager told me to remove it. I said " [fu] " - the manager grumbled a little, but that's just tough! I was not about to go out there and "peel it off" the speaker pole.

Pete Lawrence
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-26-2003 01:18 AM      Profile for Pete Lawrence   Email Pete Lawrence   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found a young couple "exercising" on the floor in the last row of the balcony of a single screen theater I worked at many years ago. It was about 15 minutes after the show ended and I had finished cleaning up the booth and rewinding the last reel. Yup, it was still a change-over booth. I heard some noise when I got down to the balcony. I went over and simply told them the show was over and we want to close up, then went down to the lobby. Ever heard the phrase "deer caught in the headlights"?

A couple minutes later they came down and had to pass by the manager, the clean-up crew, and myself. They were a little embarrassed, to say the least. We all just laughed like hell. There was no one else in the balcony that show and it wasn't worth making a big deal over.

Joe, you won't believe some of the stories I've heard about happenings around here in the 70's.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-26-2003 02:52 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I remember I was closing a drive-in theatre one night, and I observed a car that was still on the field...about 1/2 hour after the show. The car was slightly bouncing on the springs.

I went out there with my Mag-Light, rapped on the window, and asked them what they were doing.

The reply was, "just necking"....and I immediately said, "well, the movie is over. Better put your neck back in your pants and take her home."

Paul, I'm totally using that as an away message. Don't worry, I'll give ya credit. [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: