Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Freddy Vs. Jason (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Freddy Vs. Jason
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2003 12:49 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure everyone is aware of the hype concerning this film. They are letting the general public vote on the outcome of this film. No ending will be released until the prints ship the week of release. I think this is a really cool idea. What do you guys think?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-14-2003 01:36 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like horror movies, but I think "knowing the ending" in advance would kind of suck.

I think they ought to make 6 or 7 different endings and distribute them randomly. People would see the movie multiple times to try to see all the endings.

Then after about two weeks distribute a few "MORE" endings. Sometimes Freddy would win; sometimes Jason would win; sometimes one of the pretty teenage girls who are supposed to be dead would come back to life and kill both of them. The kids'd love it!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-14-2003 03:26 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, that's one damn good idea. I hope someone at New Line thinks of it or reads your post!

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 07-14-2003 03:34 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aah! You mean like the movie, "Clue"?

I always thought that was neat. I'd be up for another one of those. [Smile]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-14-2003 04:05 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the script for this picture. It read like a teenager wrote it (and maybe so). "JASON PICKS UP FREDDY AND THROWS HIM THROUGH WALL. AFTER A COOL CRASH-LANDING, FREDDY PUTS SOME MOVES ON JASON..."

Boy, was I impressed!

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-14-2003 06:36 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gotta keep it short and sweet when it comes to action sequences. Allows the director to use his vision in creating the scenes.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-14-2003 07:13 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right. Fights aren't normally described in scripts, unless specific actions affecting the story occur. Much less, phrases like "cool" and "puts some moves on".

[Roll Eyes]

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2003 05:18 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am sure everyone is aware of the hype concerning this film. They are letting the general public vote on the outcome of this film. No ending will be released until the prints ship the week of release. I think this is a really cool idea. What do you guys think?
I think: why will people go and pay to see the movie if they know how is ends. Many people complaing that a lot of trailers give away the plot of a film - this idea takes the piss.

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2003 05:31 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so they will announce the results? that's dumb. there's no reason the result of the vote couldn't be secret. sure, some early birds will spoil the ending for their friends but that's always the case.

is anybody even going to watch this film?

carl

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 07-15-2003 08:38 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be sure to catch it. Looks like great mindless fun to me.

I love the line in the trailer...

Freddy (To Jason): Why won't you DIE?!?!?!

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-15-2003 09:06 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the original intent was to film two different endings but not tell you wich one you will be seeing.

Andrew Duggan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2003 10:40 AM      Profile for Andrew Duggan   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Duggan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the movie looks like garbage, but my 13 year old inner child is so pumped up about finally seeing a movie that's been rumored to us since, oh, the early 90s, that I'll definitely go & see it [Wink]

Robin Dorking
Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2003 12:53 PM      Profile for Robin Dorking   Email Robin Dorking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ask me when you don't get info on a film, sounds it's going to be rubbish. The plotline. Freddy slashes Janson, Jasson slashes Freddy. GREAT Movie .. NOT

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2003 04:48 PM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There have been NUMEROUS test screenings around the states and there has been nothing but praise for it. Not one negative review about it.

Basic Plotline...
Freddy is getting weak and he no longer has the ability to scare the residents Elmstreet any longer. The kids are jaded and cynical. He needs a way to scare the kids back into having nightmares again...what's a slasher to do? He finds a way to release one the most bad-ass killers, Jason, from Hell into the real world again. Freddy once again is able to do his thing when the kids are having nightares again. Unfortunately for Freddy, the one thing that is helping him is now cutting (pun intended) into his real estate. Freddy now needs to take Jason out before everybody is killed off. This is where the real fun begins.

From what I have read, it is written smartly and tightly. The film is very polished and it tries to not to be a joke-a-thon like the other more recent ones were. Freddy is not doing the cute one-liners and is going into total evil mode like the first Elmstreet and New Nightmare. The director Ronny Yu (Formula 51, Bride of Chucky) is trying to pay homage and do it right. Davis S. Goyer(Blade 1-3, The Crow II, Dark City)has written it so it should some very gothic visuals and themes through out. I know the director and writer have not been on the Hollywood A-list but this duo may strike gold on this one.

If you cannot tell, I have been anticipating this one since 1993 after I saw Jason Goes to Hell. Should be alot of fun...

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2003 06:28 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I attended the 'press event' that New Line had at Bally's here in Vegas (7/15/03). It was a lot of fun. They basically had Freddy and Jason come out like it was a pre-boxing match press conference. I was able to take pictures and video tape the whole thing. My wife and I enjoyed 'the show'.

On another note: I have been hearing about this film for the past ten years. I am the last person on earth to enjoy horror/slasher films. However, my theatre is located in Down Town Las Vegas, the freaks will come out to see this one and the greatest thing about it: They eat lots of hot dogs and nachos, meaning my per cap will escalate for that week. I can handle that (If you know what I mean) [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: