Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Flush! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Flush!
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 03:14 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the advent of automatic flushing has convinced the public that they don't have to flush in a public restroom ever.

Every time I go to use my bathroom at the theatre, I have to flush all the urinals and a few of the toilets. You see that big silver button on top of the tank, why don't you push it? I'm thinking of making up "Flush" placards.

Perhaps they never did flush but it sure seems to be more of a problem lately.

The other day I saw an old man lifting up the toilet seat with his foot in order to urinate. I told him that we keep very clean bathrooms and if he is afraid to touch the toilet seat would he mind using the urinal.

We have an unidentified female patron that the staff has named the "Ass Cannon." A couple of times per year she will leave shit all over the bathroom. That makes for a fun call on the intercom, especially while you are trying to eat dinner.

|  IP: Logged

Lance C. McFetridge
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 03:19 PM      Profile for Lance C. McFetridge   Email Lance C. McFetridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is exactly why I installed automatic flush valves on our toilets and urinals. I also installed IR sensors on the sink faucets. No one can leave them turned on. I find less damage if people don't have to kick the handles.
lance

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 03:26 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, that's a problem all over the place in public areas. People are too lazy. It also seems to be the same people that piss all over the seat too.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-18-2003 03:47 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to make signs to hang over the toilets that say "if you are reading this while you are doing your business, lift the damn seat!"

Put up privacy walls between your urinals. Guys with "shy bladders" will be more apt to use them instead of urinating on the toilet seats. I have noticed this is a constant as I work at different theaters.

As far as flushing, I would be more inclined to install the flush sensors, but instead hook them up to an audio system to thank the person for being so inconsiderate if they walk away without flushing.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-18-2003 04:27 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
brad said"but instead hook them up to an audio system to thank the person for being so inconsiderate if they walk away without flushing"
maybe better would be a second water jet aimed at them when it autoflushs [evil]

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 04:51 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheapest solution:

New calling Card:

I. Price
Public Toilet Flusher
No shit, man !

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 05:14 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys:

It's not just at yout theatres. Where I used to work until recently, they had a problem with certain employees that would not put the toilet paper in the toilet after use. They'd just toss it where-ever. They finally put up SIGNS everywhere. People are not being taught to respect other peoples property anymore.

Recently, at a Lowes hardware store, I was in the restroom when I heard a crash from a stall, and the sound of running water. Some kid came running out of the stall, laughing, and ran out the door. Seems that he broke the flush valve when he kicked it.

Ever notice that the nastiest bathrooms tend to be in grocery stores? Uggh. [bs] [Mad] [thumbsdown]

Greg Pauley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 06:03 PM      Profile for Greg Pauley   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Pauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Women's restroom are 10x worst than the men's. Sure men can piss on the seats, but some of the things I've seen in ladies room can't compare.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2003 01:27 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Grer, ladies rooms are the worst.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2003 09:27 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cant make a statement here. I dont frequent ladies rooms...

Imagine someone that looks like me in a ladies room. Not a pretty site! [Smile]

The time that I worked at the drive-in, we never had any big problems with clean-up. This was 1977, I guess it was a different time.

Ray Bernardi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2003 10:15 AM      Profile for Ray Bernardi   Email Ray Bernardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Men go to the bathroom. Women "use" the bathroom. We went unisex on our bathrooms a while back. We only have two of them. The ladies were lined up while the mens room sat idle. It seems ladies use the restroom like 4 to 1 to guys. I put "s around the first "use" to make a point.

A guy goes in, takes care of business and leaves. In my theatre, I've seen as many as 7 girls pile into the bathroom at once and close the door. It's a one holer for gods sake. After 10 minutes of giggling and whatever else a girl does in there they come out. The room looks like a tornado went through it. Amazing. Tissue everywhere, sink soaked, makeup on the counter, wiped on the wallpaper, puddles on the floor. I mean what the hell? Just amazing how they treat the bathroom.

I agree - women are worse, but I think it's because they go in groups and they go more often, and they spend more time at it than guys do.

Just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like.....

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2003 09:10 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Put up privacy walls between your urinals. Guys with "shy bladders" will be more apt to use them instead of urinating on the toilet seats. I have noticed this is a constant as I work at different theaters.
It's interesting -- I'd swear that Carmike Century Cinema 8 in Decatur used to have the privacy walls between their urinals, but the past couple of times I've been there, they were gone. I could see the places on the walls where they used to be attached. Why in the world would they have gotten rid of those? Most theatre restrooms in my area do not have these. I prefer restrooms with them since it seems to put more of a distance between you and others.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 05-20-2003 10:21 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is for people with shy bladders.

The same part of the brain that controls you bladder is also used for multiplication and addition.

So when you need to go and nothing is happening, in your mind start multiplying 2 x 2 is 4, 4 x 4 is 16, 16 x 16 is 256. By now it is flowing. [Big Grin]

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 05-20-2003 01:18 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit Bob! I just pissed my pants trying to see if that was true.

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2003 11:12 PM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[eyes]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: