Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » No Final Credit 'Reloaded' Posters!

Author Topic: No Final Credit 'Reloaded' Posters!
Josh Kirkhart
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2003 03:01 AM      Profile for Josh Kirkhart   Email Josh Kirkhart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't be the only one to notice there is no final poster for Matrix: Reloaded. I realize there are actually what, nine posters, but no final one. To me this is just wrong, I'm nuts, but this is still wrong.
list:
A: Teaser(the green letter raining) for both Sequels as it says only '2003', and the website
B-H: Neo, Persephone, Trinity, Agent Smith, Twins, Niobe, Morpheus. They just list the title.
I: Another green letter raining with large '05-15-03' and small'Free Your Mind'

There are some cool international ones but they have no credits either. Irritating.
This could belong in film-yak but I think it works here.

Ok, to illistrate. How are these gonna look hanging next to each other?
 -

-

Now think back to the Indiana Jones posters or Back to the Future, hell even the Batman films. The so-called 'Final' doesn't even state the title.

[ 05-16-2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Josh Kirkhart ]

|  IP: Logged

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 05-16-2003 09:18 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I follow you. The 3D green poster with the "Free Your Mind" IS the final poster, I think. Is it irritating that there are no credits on it?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-16-2003 01:21 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes that is the final poster. I don't give a crap about the credits, but why the hell did they put that gigantic 5.15 right in the fricking middle of the poster!! It's now the 16th, so that poster is now completely useless.

I am not playing this movie on the break due to the ridiculous terms, so I'm sure glad we saved the teaser onesheets. At least they have the date on the bottom where it can be "folded" out of sight.

[ 05-17-2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Mike Blakesley ]

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2003 05:14 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plus it would be nice to have the name of the movie somewhere on the poster.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-16-2003 06:21 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the "final" poster is kind of screwy in terms of legal reasons. Lots of movie posters have to satisfy contract terms of many actors and crew members in how they are billed. This time you have a lot of posters that really don't bill anyone.

Here's another theory: perhaps they did not make an "official" looking conventional poster with all the credits out of concern for the DVD release.

Many people complain loudly about how the artwork on large one-sheet posters is always better looking, more classy, etc. than the video release. Most videos and DVDs have the BORING convention of mugging actor head shots and crap like that. With the "Matrix: Reloaded" not having a normal movie poster, perhaps that will free up Warner Bros. to make a real cheeseball DVD cover with oversize actor heads.

Josh Kirkhart
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2003 10:51 PM      Profile for Josh Kirkhart   Email Josh Kirkhart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think the DVD cover had anything to do with it, its Warner Bros. and 90% of thier covers are the one sheets, including the first Matrix DVD release. I also don't have a different answer so yours is as valid as any. Only thing I have come close to accepting is that Reloaded and Revelutions are one movie in the mind of the directors and they want to treat it as one in thier own little way. These guys are film, comic, and game freaks, I'm sure the lack of a credit poster is not lost on them. Maybe we will see one for Revelations if this was thier thinking.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-17-2003 05:52 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now here's more stupidity. I just got my I.M.E. which contains "Matrix Reloaded" ad slicks. The [bs] AD SLICKS don't even have the name of the movie. They just say "TODAY" along with a tiny "Free Your Mind" and that's it.

Who are these marketing idiots, I mean geniuses? [Roll Eyes]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: