Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » New Multiplex in Myrtle Beach

Author Topic: New Multiplex in Myrtle Beach
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2003 04:04 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do any of you guys out there working for any of the newer chains know of a new theatre being built at the new Mall of South Carolina here in MB? Herman Stone (Consolidated) had intentions of building there but backed out last year due to the shrinking economy and encertain economic future, read - too much expansion too fast.

I know of only one other company in the SouthEast that is actually building these days, All Star Cinemas out of Beckley, WV. They are building a 10 plex in Shallotte which is about 40 miles north of us. Two totally different markets.

I know that PBL (the mall leasing agent) signed contract withing the last few days, but am unable to determine who they signed with.

{Edit} Just found out that it is Cinemark! Daryl.. any info? I confirmed that it is a 14 plex, all stadium design. Most likely it will be all digital as well. It would be stupid not to be. Oh well... Here we go.. ;-)

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 04-04-2003 10:43 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jason,

I sent you a private message on this.

I, at this time have not heard anything official from our Office

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2003 02:07 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darryl,

Got it. I'll get back with you when I dig up more info.. [Smile]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 04-07-2003 10:54 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's Cinemark, it's probably a good thing.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2003 03:23 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This information is posted on the Box Office Magazine news page.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 05-25-2003 01:31 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a little info update on this subject. It will be a Cinemark and it is set to open sometime in the spring of 2004. I believe it will be 14 screens.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2003 12:43 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If they plan to open Spring 2004 they'd better hurry up and get on the stick with the shell of the Mall. THey are still doing site work and erecting the innermost lobby area steelwork now.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 05-27-2003 08:41 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason,

Most likely it will be open by mid may of next year. Once they get rolling it doesn't take long to get it open.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 05-27-2003 10:54 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinemark 17 went up pretty quickly here. It was an add-on (new construction) to an existing mall, and most of the construction took place in the dead of winter (grand opening was April 1999). It was also the most "finished" new-build multiplex when it opened that I've come across.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: