Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » New Theaters In Florida

Author Topic: New Theaters In Florida
Franklin Armstrong
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2003 03:40 PM      Profile for Franklin Armstrong   Email Franklin Armstrong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to know where to find upcomming theaters?
I know about Amc 18 plex in Altamonte I heard there is going to be a new theater in lake mary?

can anyone help me out i would like to know the chain and ##plex and location sound (dts dolby dig)/ projector system

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2003 02:26 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where in Altamonte and Lake Mary?

I thought Regal closed one of their theaters... the Lake Mary 10 I believe. I thought that whole area was over-screened?

=TMP=

Steven Pickles
Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2003 08:44 PM      Profile for Steven Pickles   Email Steven Pickles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas,

The AMC will be just down the road from the Altamonte Mall. The Lake Mary 10 was closed by Regal as they were not doing nearly enough business to stay open.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 04-15-2003 09:10 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This does not make sense. Close a 10 plex because it is doing crappy, and then down the road a new gigaplex is going to open?

Seems as though the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

I would never build in the same area as a theatre that just closed, unless the theatre that closed ran all their customers off because the place was a total dump that was run by a bunch of no-loads.

Of course, I am not a theatre owner. I am just a grease monkey who has to listen to the complaints people have about how a theatre is run.

In our small operation, we take pride in our theatre, our customers, our community and ourselves. Most corporations just refuse to get involved. Then they wonder where their customers went.....Well, Mr. CEO of Engulf and Devour, Inc. Your customers went to another theatre that DOES care. [beer]

Franklin Armstrong
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2003 12:57 AM      Profile for Franklin Armstrong   Email Franklin Armstrong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bump

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: