Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Update: French Film Festival

Author Topic: Update: French Film Festival
Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 03-31-2003 08:45 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amid some concerns the 11th Virginia Commonwealth University French Film Fest. came off without a hitch. There were 6 sold out shows (1300 seats). During the Q & A sessions following most films neither audience nor directors or actors made political statements. A thousand complete festival passes were sold and individual tickets were available to fill remaining seats. Thanks for info. advice and comments offered on my earlier post on this subject. Bill

|  IP: Logged

Tom Doyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2003 12:46 AM      Profile for Tom Doyle   Email Tom Doyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear there were no protests, because a college in my area (Trinity) is doing a French film festival this weekend:

http://www.aprilinparis.org/

Roger Katz
Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2003 07:11 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you posted that link, Tom! One of my favorite movies of all time is playing in that festival next Thursday and I'm gonna go!

Roger

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 04-03-2003 11:02 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The French has alway been our loyal friends since the founding of our country by helping us first fight the British during the Revolutionary War. I hope the very delicate position they took at the UN regarding the current crisis in the Gulf will not permanently jeopardize that long standing relationship.

I was very happy to learn that there was no problem at your film festival, Bill.

-Claude

Tom Doyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2003 10:44 PM      Profile for Tom Doyle   Email Tom Doyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Roger!

Be sure to check out their regular listings at www.cinestudio.org .

I attended the opening show with a friend. Luckily, there were no riots at the Mélies/Guy-Blaché presentation. Actually, turnout was very poor, especially considering they had live piano accompaniment. I guess everyone was planning on going to Amélie that day instead. I hope the rest of the festival has better attendance.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: