Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Agent Cody Banks Delivery notice from TES

Author Topic: Agent Cody Banks Delivery notice from TES
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2003 06:44 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TES.. Wonderful TES....

Here's a big [fu] [fu] to the [bs] head [sex] ball
who decided that the aforementioned prints would be delivered on SATURDAY bewteen 10am-3pm. Thanks guys. That gives us, the exhibitors, NO CHANCE of receiving replacement reels should anything be wrong with our orginal print.

What bonehead makes a decision like this? I don't know about the rest of you, but my sneak is at 2pm Sunday. The sneak, IMO, should be received on Thursday, as our other prints, but, then again, I'm just the lowly chump who insures that the product gets on the screen properly and timely.. what do I know?

|  IP: Logged

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2003 06:59 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that this has been a 'new thing' this year. I have had a few sneaks so far in 2003 and I believe almost all of them came in the same day they were supposed to sneak.

Great idea guys!

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2003 07:23 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've had several sneaks this year and all of them came during our normal delivery slot on Thursday.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 02-27-2003 08:11 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sneaks have always been a fly-by-the-wire operation. For us, we've gone from getting sneaks the day-of to getting sneaks 1 or 2 days before, most of the time. This change seems to've come in the past 2 or 3 years.

Of course, this is different when there are a limitted number of prints, as opposed to when a "sneak" is really just an early first-run engagement with 2000 prints nationwide.

--jhawk

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2003 09:04 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This will be my second sneak showing of this movie. We had a previous trade screening 1 week ago. With these sneaks, what are your chances of getting someone elses crap when they release.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: