Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Scheduling of "Gods and Generals" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Scheduling of "Gods and Generals"
Steve Anderson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2003 08:47 AM      Profile for Steve Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With a 3:40 running time how many plays will you get in a day? 2 or 3 maybe?

|  IP: Logged

Coleman L. Zatarain
Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2003 09:38 AM      Profile for Coleman L. Zatarain   Author's Homepage   Email Coleman L. Zatarain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sample Schedule would go as follows:

• Play the film in two (2) parts...Part 1 and Part 2.
  • Establish a show schedule with a start time and end time for BOTH Part 1 and Part 2, so there will be two starts for one showing.
2:00PM - 4:00PM
Intermission
4:08PM - 6:05PM
~~~~~~~~~~
7:00PM - 9:00PM
Intermission
9:08PM -11:05PM
Trailers, Intermission and all: 4 hours and 5 minutes

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2003 08:36 PM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
11-3, 3:30-7:30, 8-12

Nicholas Roznovsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2003 12:33 AM      Profile for Nicholas Roznovsky   Author's Homepage   Email Nicholas Roznovsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine we'll go with a schedule similar to the one we had for Gone with the Wind : one matinee and one evening, somewhere around 2:00 and 7:00.

I'll probably have to allow for at least twenty minutes after the show of people complaining that they couldn't make it to the restroom, buy more popcorn, take a smoke break, call their nanny, etc. on a lousy 12 minute intermission. But only for the first weekend - I don't anticipate much of a crowd after that.

Update: I was right. We ended up scheduling shows for 3:30 and 8:00 for the first week.

[ 02-19-2003, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Nicholas Roznovsky ]

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2003 07:11 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2:15 & 7:15
2:45 & 7:45

Span set to allow for the 12 minute built in intermission. I hope they included these 12 minutes in their run time quote...

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2003 09:06 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, they should have. I have 229 minutes including the 12 minute intermission.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2003 01:57 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul K is correct: MovieTickets.com and Hollywood.com list a running time of 3 hours 49 minutes. (3 x 60 = 180, + 49 = 229)

Reading Cinemas in Manville NJ will show Gods & Generals at 10 AM, 3 PM and 8 PM. That theater has been opening at 10 AM since Harry Potter 2 and The Two Towers, so scheduling was rather easy.

The AMC Hamilton is opening 2 prints [Roll Eyes] -- 1st print at 2 PM and 6:45, 2nd print at 2:45 and 7:30.

[ 02-20-2003, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Charles Everett ]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-19-2003 02:58 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinemark has it here at 12:05PM, 4:50PM, and 9:35PM. The online info actually states "Reel 8 followed by 12 min intermission". That's the only booking in this immediate market.

Michael Atkinson
Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2003 04:50 PM      Profile for Michael Atkinson   Email Michael Atkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are opening three prints on Friday:

Print 1 - 11:50, 4:05, & 8:20
Print 2 - 12:35, 4:50, & 9:05
Print 3 - 2:30 & 7:00

Kenny Thies
Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2003 05:10 PM      Profile for Kenny Thies   Email Kenny Thies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm soooo happy my print of Gods and Generals came on Wednesday!
What a pleasant surprise!

We are playing it at 2:15 and 7:00.

Well, I get er put together, with 4 inches to the edge of the platter to spare on a Strong Alpha Platter. I hope this movie does some business

[ 02-19-2003, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Kenny Thies ]

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-21-2003 01:44 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that the film has opened, Consolidated theatres in Hawaii has scheduled only two shows a day for "GODS AND GENERALS" in their houses. Signature Theatres is running three. I do not know how many are interlocking the print with another auditorium but I doubt any theatres are doing it here because of the lack of publicity about the movie and the low interest in the American civil war and the movie itself. "GETTYSBURG" played in 70mm at the Cinerama for only two weeks to an almost empty house and was pulled and moved to the Kuhio #1 for a week in 35mm. With the poor reviews it received from Roger Ebert and others, I predict "GODS AND GENERALS" will be out of theatres in a very short time. I am planning to see it this weekend.

-Claude

Joseph Pandolfi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2003 06:24 PM      Profile for Joseph Pandolfi   Email Joseph Pandolfi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1:30 and 7:00. We are running it non-sync during the first eight minutes of the intermission. Then the last four minutes we switch it back to film soundtrack. Also we have to "back time" 18 seconds from the first picture frame on the second part to add a cue for the automation to lower the house and curtain lights and to open the curtain. This allows a smooth transition without the picture showing through a partally open curtain. [thumbsup]

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2003 06:55 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It got such good review here in Santa Rosa (one star) that I'll bet the local theatre only has one showing of it next week. [thumbsdown]

Jacob Huber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2003 09:35 PM      Profile for Jacob Huber   Email Jacob Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our show schedule is exactly the same as Aldo Baez's. 11-3, 3:30-7:30, 8-12.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2003 11:11 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FWIW a lot of theaters are doubling up Gods & Generals with a matinee of Kangaroo Jack. The Loews megaplex in New Brunswick NJ is among those theaters.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: