Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » a letter from Technicolor...

Author Topic: a letter from Technicolor...
Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 02-10-2003 06:56 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today we received a letter from Technicolor that I guess was supposed to be in the cans with Chicago. It stated that the director wanted special care taken with the print at reel changes. Basically not to keep cutting or Cut to many frames out for I.D. Now wouldn't you want this letter to go out before you played the film. Not after you already put the film together. Good thing I care otherwise it would have been oh well to late. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2003 07:12 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got it faxed to us, despite the fact that we didn't open Chicago.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-10-2003 08:35 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This will probably be ignored almost as much as the "The Director demands you play this movie at 7.0" letters that come in the cans. People will choppity-chop anyway.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2003 08:44 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, at least Rob Marshalls letter gave me a good laugh as I chucked it in the trash.

Like Daryl said, the letter SHOULD have come in the cans, not as an afterthought!

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 02-10-2003 09:22 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...I guess he's been doing some 'spot-checks' and has found the mistakes.

Like you all said... a bit late though. [Frown] Of course, not for us though! [Wink]

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 02-10-2003 09:55 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, maybe this is a first step. It means someone at the distribution end of the studio is aware of the problem. The next step is telling Technicolor to actually inspect prints for this kind of damage and then exact retribution from theatres that cause it.

Well, at least it's a nice daydream.

Frank

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 11:17 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else get the "We no longer recycle trailers, so do not send them to us" letter?

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 12:36 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention above I DID get the fax on Thursday. If I had been booked for Chicago I would likely have seen the fax before I started building the print.

And yes, I got the letter about trailers quite some time ago. I mentioned they were working on a new return system, but seeing as how that must have been six months ago now I don't think its going to happen.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 02-11-2003 07:00 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"We no longer recycle trailers, so do not send them to us" ....but we'll throw you in jail if you try to sell one on ebay! [Big Grin]

Frank

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: