Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Running time on The Recruit

Author Topic: Running time on The Recruit
John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2003 08:00 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could someone verify the correct running time for The Recruit. I came in this morning after being out sick for three days to find notes all over the place that the shows were running late. Our schedule called for 105 minutes, as provided by Buena Vista, and confirmed by them to us in a phone conversation today. We maintain it is 115. Or perhaps our projector just started running faster. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 02-03-2003 08:02 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes it is 115 minutes long according to my stop watch.

Don Bruechert
Mmmmmmmmm, bird!

- posted 02-03-2003 09:02 PM      Profile for Don Bruechert   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bruechert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we've experienced that too. Our owner/booker likes to keep 20 minutes between the film end time and start of the next film and this has been an ongoing argument that came to a head. I always complain becauses he uses the time right off the scoreboard and never allows the 6 - 8 minutes for trailers. Usually we end up with at least 10 minutes to re-lace and get going again, but with Recruit if I am standing there and grab the suction cups and brain the second the film runs out and move the second the projector stops I have about 3 minutes to get going on time - have been accidentally starting that one a minute early the last few days, and as much as we consider it taboo to change run times once the movie is in house, we changed our ad and increased the time between shows for "next week". I've been tempted to yank a trailer off of it to make up some time, but that's not really fair to the customers in line at the concessions stand who are counting on those trailers so they don't miss anything.... life goes on...

Andrew Duggan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2003 12:28 AM      Profile for Andrew Duggan   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Duggan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just ran into this same problem today, and had the very same arguement about the scheduling.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2003 05:19 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UK

114min 52s

10338 Feet and 10 Frames

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2003 04:32 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. I knew we weren't crazy. We've adjusted our schedule for the coming week already. Sounds like Buena Vista had a typo somewhere along the line and the sycophants followed through. [Eek!]

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2003 03:07 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok ... so I'm not the only person that clocked it as ten minutes longer that the paperwork says it's supposed to be. yay!

Steve Anderson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2003 08:52 PM      Profile for Steve Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got screwed on that one too.

Bill Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2003 08:58 PM      Profile for Bill Carter   Email Bill Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We also got the same incorrect information (it is NOT 105).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: