Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » ways to let someone go so they can get unemployment?

Author Topic: ways to let someone go so they can get unemployment?
Franklin Armstrong
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2003 02:42 AM      Profile for Franklin Armstrong   Email Franklin Armstrong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like ways to let someone go so they can get unemployment? in the state of Florida.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 01-23-2003 07:11 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is FL different than other states? Just let them go. Unless they were terminated for theft or some other extreme behavior they should be able to collect unemployment. In the cases where someone is turned down it is, if I am not mistaken, because the former employer has challenged the claim and the challenge was upheld (rare). So for one thing, don't challenge the claim.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 01-23-2003 11:19 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think also that for one to claim unemployment they must average 32 hours or more over the course of 6 months to a year.

[ 01-24-2003, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Darryl Spicer ]

Franklin Armstrong
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2003 11:51 AM      Profile for Franklin Armstrong   Email Franklin Armstrong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2003 01:00 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They also can't be a full time student, at least in Wisconsin.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 01-23-2003 08:14 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, in my state (IL) the benefit is based on earnings in a certain prior period. You are supposed to be actively looking for work. In the past they made you submit a list of places you contacted each week although I think they have streamlined this a great deal. But going to school full time would disqualify the person.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: