Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Matrix Reloaded One Sheets

Author Topic: Matrix Reloaded One Sheets
John Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2003 06:00 PM      Profile for John Carpenter   Email John Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was wondering if most theatres actually received the entire set of 7 character one sheets. We got just 2 of the characters in November, and in it was a note saying more would follow in December (13th to be exact). We never got those however. I hope that there isnt someone in Airborne collecting them [Wink] Thanks!

[ 01-14-2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: John Carpenter ]

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2003 03:16 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have received 2 complete sets at my theatre. Looks like the Vegas Airborne guys are honest... [Big Grin]

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2003 04:06 AM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow lucky we haven't even gotten a single poster for matrix yet.

[ 01-14-2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Aldo Baez ]

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2003 11:07 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got two complete sets here in Vegas too!
[Wink]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 01-20-2003 09:39 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We HAD a complete set - till someone stole Neo.

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2003 12:27 PM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaahhh. The virtues of locking poster cases...

Sounds like you have a bunch a savages living in that town. Sometimes people just make me sick. [puke]

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2003 01:30 PM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we put up a poster of Tomb Raider someone completely shattered the poster glass and took it! This also happened with an austin powers poster. Now we try not to put popular posters outside.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 01-20-2003 01:32 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Aaaahhh. The virtues of locking poster cases...

Until somebody with the master key (hammer) comes along and opens them for you. Little [sex] ers! [evil]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 01-20-2003 01:55 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. They stole Dare Davil a few weeks ago too. Bastards!

John Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2003 09:07 AM      Profile for John Carpenter   Email John Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should try living in a college town, especially during hell week. I'm not "accusing" the fraternities or anything, but it is strange that 2 semesters in a row there has been trouble those weeks. In the spring ALL 16 of our outside cases were smashed and or bent open and the posters stolen. AND the same night this past fall all 14 of our "competitions" cases were smashed and stolen. At least this fall we had put alarms on all of our cases and ours were not touched. Inside we have never had a problem!

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 01-21-2003 09:33 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next time you suspect that some college students have damaged your property, try calling the engineering society at the school, or sending a letter to the schools newspaper. I don't know about Florida, but the majority of the eng soc's in Ontario are great for fixing property damaged by students in other faculties.

Justin McLeod
Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2003 08:49 PM      Profile for Justin McLeod   Email Justin McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My theater has only two Matrix posters, the teaser with no characters on it, just the title and one with 2 characters on it. Two guys ( twins I think, as they are wearing the same outfit ). Any one know if Jeremy Irons is in the Matrix Reloaded? Anybody have any T3 posters displayed in their theaters. All I have seen are the banners.

Doug Willming
Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2003 09:28 PM      Profile for Doug Willming   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Willming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<Anybody have any T3 posters displayed in their theaters. All I have seen are the banners.

I don't think any are available yet - at least they're not listed on the Technicolor website.

Mark Maxwell
Film Handler

- posted 02-22-2003 01:37 AM      Profile for Mark Maxwell   Email Mark Maxwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got two teaser posters, but upstairs where we don't even keep any posters I found a box that was postdated from August. I opened it and there were a trailor for the movie, and the coolest movie poster I ever saw. It was just a poster of the "Matrix" code, but it was holographic. We had a girl who was in good with the boss and she kept all of the posters, so I broke the rules and gave it to a friend of mine who is a sci-fi freak. I might as well done it because I found the poster 5 months after we recieved it, and the girl I gave it to is just about my best friend. In return, she stole me the two teasers since they fired me because I can't work full time.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-22-2003 01:44 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have four sets now......hmmmmmm....

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: