Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Banner year for business

Author Topic: Banner year for business
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-04-2003 10:57 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have all heard that this year was THE record year in our industry. I have reaffirmed that by just closing out my books for the year. My calculator shows that I am up by 18% for the year! {gross for the year edited out} We have steadily increased in totals annually since we opened. I haven't yet determined the patron count, but I'm betting that overall attendance isn't up that much at all. We did higher numbers due to industry wide price increases at the box office and at the concession stands...

Anyway, I'll shut up for now! Great year overall.. Hope the rest of you had such success!

|  IP: Logged

Richard C. Wolfe
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-04-2003 03:50 PM      Profile for Richard C. Wolfe   Author's Homepage   Email Richard C. Wolfe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My small town single screen pretty much follows that same pattern. Box office gross up 19 1/2%, concession up 20%, and actual admissions sold up 10%. There was a slight increase in the admission price, but no increases in concession prices. Per capita up by 13 cents.

Now I wonder what is going to happen this year.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: