Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home

This topic has been moved to Film Handler's Forum.    
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Technicolor print pick-ups on multiple prints

Author Topic: Technicolor print pick-ups on multiple prints
Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-26-2002 08:15 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to pass this along since this is the time of year that we get a lot of multiple prints. Some of you out there may have encountered situations where the technicolor cans could not be picked up because they were the wrong number. Well, I learned from technicolor a while back that when multiple prints are to be picked up by airbourne or special curiors. They start with the biggest number on the print can. In other words if you have three prints of Santa Clause 2 and the numbers are as follows.

the largest number 4390 would be picked up first. If you drop two prints down to one then the numbers 3572 and 4390 would be picked up. Just remember if you loose one print pick the cans with the largest number on it.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-26-2002 09:09 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, thank you very much for that tip! I was wondering how they made those decisions. It makes perfect sense though. Wish they would've said something sooner.

I am moving this to FHF so the projectionists are more apt to see it, but am leaving a closed thread here so managers will take note as well.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: